2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

22nd December 2017, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

AMIE Stands For

Please tell me the full form of AMIE stands for and also let me know more about it, so that I can go through it?
Similar Threads
Thread
AMIE B Tech Course
OPSC Stands For
After AMIE
Amie Course Bd
Amie eee
AMIE Subjects
AMIE DBMS AMIE DBMS Question Papers
SRM Stands For
What IRDA Stands for
IIMS Stands For
ONGC Stands For
MBA EFT Stands For
GMAT Stands For
MBA jokes stands for
MBA after AMIE
CTBC Bank Stands For
SSC and HSC Stands for
PMT Abbreviation Stands
Value of AMIE
AMIE Course
22nd December 2017, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Re: AMIE Stands For

I would like to tell you that AMIE stands for Associate Member of Institution of Engineers is a is a B.Tech level examination in engineering those who pass the exam has equal opportunities for job as well as higher education in both Govt. and private sectors and here I will get details of AMIE.

Eligibility
Candidates having recognized 3-year Polytechnic Diploma or its equivalent, in any branch of engineering or +2/HSC/PDC with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics with minimum 45% marks can apply for AMIE 2017.

A candidate shall be required to pass the Institution Examinations, both in Existing Scheme and Revised Scheme, within a specific period as mentioned hereunder :

Section A : 6 Years

Section B : 6 Years

The Institution of Engineers (India) conducts the following examinations :
Section A (Non-Diploma Stream)
Section A (Diploma Stream)
Section B in the following branches of engineering :
Chemical Engineering
Civil Engineering
Computer Science & Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Materials and Metallurgical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Mining Engineering
Production Engineering
Textile Engineering

The examination in one or more of the above branches may be discontinued with prior notification.

In addition to the above examinations, the Council of the Institution may introduce Section B examination in one or more of the following branches of engineering :
Aerospace Engineering
Agricultural Engineering
Architectural Engineering
Environmental Engineering
Marine Engineering

Exam pattern
AMIE Section A Examination:

Common for all those who aspire to become engineers by acquiring an AMIE (I). Basic Sciences, Engineering Sciences and Communication are covered to prepare the candidate, after project work, to move on to Section B by choosing a particular discipline from among the streams offered.

AMIE Section B Examination:
After Section A, the student has to complete a project work over a period of one year and only on the basis of satisfactory professional competence report, he / she will be admitted to appear for the Section B examination consisting of 10 papers of which 7 are compulsory and 3 optional.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in