2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th December 2014, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

Re: AMIE B.Tech Details

AMIE or Associate Member of Institution of Engineers is a degree level exam in engineering, recognized by all State Governments, Central Govt., AICTE, UPSC etc as equivalent to B.E/B.Tech. Those who pass AMIE exam get equal opportunities for job as well as higher education in both Govt. and private sectors, just like a B.E or B.Tech holder.

Distance learning
The attraction with AMIE is that it is a recognized Engineering Degree course that can be studied in Distance Education style as it does not demand any class room attendance, anyone who meets the specified eligibility criteria can become a graduate engineer in the least possible time and expense.

Eligibility

1. A recognized 3-year Polytechnic Diploma or its equivalent in any branch of engineering.

OR

2. +2/HSC/PDC with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics with minimum 45% marks.
Any educational qualifications equivalent to the above, are also eligible to apply for AMIE.

Those who pursue AMIE after their Diploma course are usually known as Diploma Stream Students (Senior Technician members), and others are known as Non-Diploma Stream Students (Technician members).

Branches Available

Following engineering branches are available for study

1. Chemical Engineering
2. Civil Engineering
3. Computer Science and Engineering
4. Electrical Engineering
5. Electronics & Communication Engineering
6. Mechanical Engineering
7. Materials and Metallurgical Engineering
8. Mining Engineering
9. Production Engineering
10. Textile Engineering

SYLLABUS

The syllabus of AMIE is similar to B.E/B.Tech.

The AMIE syllabus is made up of two parts:- Section A and Section B (similar to 1st year, 2nd year etc. of any formal degree course).

Those who join for AMIE need to first study and clear all subjects in Section A. Based on one's qualification, the total number of subjects in Section A varies.

After passing Section A, he should study Section B. The total number of subjects in Section B is 9.

Exam Passed Section A Section B Total Sub. Max. Time

Plus Two 10 9 + Lab 19 + Lab & Project 6 Years
3 Year's Diploma 4 9 + Lab 13 + Lab & Project 6 Years

Duration

The duration of AMIE is a period of 6 years each is allowed for completing Section A and B. Since this is the maximum duration, a student who systematically studies the course can successfully finish the course in minimum time. Students who study the course under any of coaching programme of the Institute can complete the course in 4 semesters (Diploma holders) or 6 semesters (+2 holders)

Fees
The fees depends on the mode of study. A student opting postal study can complete the full course at just Rs 30,000

AMIE B.Tech Admission Details

Contact Detail:
AMIE
Jyothis Academy
Thyparambil Building
Near Reliance Mobiles
Muttambalam P O
Kanjikuzhy, Kottayam
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AMIE B.Tech Admission Details.pdf (188.7 KB, 91 views)
13th March 2015, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

amie btech course query

dear sir ,
I have completed my +2 in 2012 than I did a certificate course of iti in machinist trade ,
now I want to study further .
what would be best for me a diploma or a btech ?

presently I am working in a mnc.and I don't want to quit the job

plz reply as soon as possible

I am in Gujarat(Bharuch) ,, if there is any office of amie nearby plz inform me

regards
sumit singh

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in