2023 2024 Student Forum

2023 2024 Student Forum (https://management.ind.in/forum/)
-   Main Forum (https://management.ind.in/forum/main-forum/)
-   -   American Airlines Information Technology Department (https://management.ind.in/forum/american-airlines-information-technology-department-269238.html)

Unregistered 22nd March 2016 10:42 AM

American Airlines Information Technology Department

Hello sir, I am Josh Butler. I am from Houston. I want you to help me by giving me some information about the American Airlines Information Technology Department. Can you help me?

Pathak 22nd March 2016 10:43 AM

Re: American Airlines Information Technology Department

American Airlines is a major American airline.
It was founded in the year 1926.
It’s headquarter is located in CentrePort, Fort Worth, Texas, United States.
As you have asked about the American Airlines Information Technology Department, I am giving you information about it
There are various IT departments at American Airline, check below for the information

AAdvantage and Cargo Technology
Commonly Used Technologies: Java, Agile SDLC

AA.com and Mobile
AA.com is the largest IT Department in American Airlines where the flagship website you are looking at now is developed and maintained.
Commonly Used Technologies: Struts, Spring, Java, Agile SDLC, SCM, jQuery, Mobile Developments

Airport Automation
Commonly Used Technologies: C#, Java, C++, jQuery, HTML5, Web Services

Airline Partner Technology
The Airline Partner Technology group acts as the technical program office for American's joint businesses with British Airways, Iberia, Finnair, Japan Airlines, and Qantas.

Data and SOA
The Data and SOA department supports a data warehouse of American Airlines which involves a large amount of data retrieval.
Commonly Used Technologies: SQL, TeraData, Apache Hadoop, SOA

Enterprise Infrastructure

The Enterprise Infrastructure group provides desktops, laptops, and hardware to all employees at American Airlines.
Commonly Used Technologies: Operation Systems, VMWare, Oracle DB, Postgres, Citrix

Enterprise Network Services
The Enterprise Network Services group manages the network services including wi-fi and cellular data for the employees at Headquarters, Airports, and on the airplanes.
Commonly Used Technologies: OSI Layers, Routers & Switches, Network Analysis, Network Protocols

Financial Systems
Commonly Used Technologies: Java, .NET, Agile SDLC, Spring MVC, Sharepoint, Hibernate, Sybase DB, Oracle DB, SQL Server DB, Cognos, MQ, SOAP, Websphere, Drools, SAP ERP

Shared Architecture and Infrastructure services
Commonly Used Technologies: Java , Agile SDLC, Sharepoint, JPA, Oracle DB, MQ/JMS, SOAP, Websphere Application Server, Websphere Message Broker, Eclipse(My Eclipse Blue, Generic), TDD, Informatica Data Transformation, Linux (shell and os), Javascript HTML5, .Net, Visual Basic, Flex/Flash Builder, iOS, VMWare, EMC

IT and Partners Support
Information System Security
Commonly Used Technologies: Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), Firewall, Vulnerability Analysis

Maintenance and Engineering Technology
Commonly Used Technologies: Java, .Net, C/C++, HTML5, PhoneGap, WebSphere Application Server, MQ Series, Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata