2023 2024 Student Forum

2023 2024 Student Forum (https://management.ind.in/forum/)
-   Main Forum (https://management.ind.in/forum/main-forum/)
-   -   Alagappa University MBA General Syllabus (https://management.ind.in/forum/alagappa-university-mba-general-syllabus-6825.html)

vijay chauhan. 29th August 2012 08:28 PM

Alagappa University MBA General Syllabus

Sir I am a student of Alagappa University MBA General and I am looking for my syllabus so please can you give me the syllabus of my course and also provide me the page where I can find the syllabus?

Shaleen 30th August 2012 10:04 AM

Re: Alagappa University MBA General Syllabus

You are looking for the syllabus of MBA program of Alagappa University…Here is the general syllabus for the program.

Semester I:-
Managerial Economics
Management Concepts
Business Environment
Financial Accounting
Organizational Behavior
Comprehensive Viva I
Information Technology for Business

Semester II:-
Business Law
Financial Management
Business Research Methods
Marketing Management
Human Resource Management
Production and Operations Management
Comprehensive Viva – II
Quantitative Methods

Semester III:-
Management Control & Information System
Strategic Management
Comprehensive Viva III
Summer Project Report
Elective I
Elective II
Elective III
Elective IV
Elective V

Semester IV:-
Project Planning & Management
System Dynamics
Comprehensive Viva - IV
Elective I
Elective II
Elective III
Elective IV
Elective V

Hanumanthappa T Chikanal1 22nd November 2012 03:21 PM

Alagappa University MBA GENERAL SYLLABUS

Can you provide me the general syllabus of master of business administration course of Alagappa University because I have need of this course syllabus of Alagappa University so ask you for get it from net

Pathak 23rd November 2012 04:58 PM

Re: Alagappa University MBA GENERAL SYLLABUS

Alagappa University offered MBA programme.
MBA is two years programs and I am giving you Syllabus general of MBA of general Alagappa University.

Semester I:-

Managerial Economics
Management Concepts
Business Environment
Financial Accounting
Organizational Behavior
Comprehensive Viva I
Information Technology for Business

Semester II:-
Business Law
Financial Management
Business Research Methods
Marketing Management
Human Resource Management
Production and Operations Management
Comprehensive Viva – II
Quantitative Methods

Semester III:-
Management Control & Information System
Strategic Management
Comprehensive Viva III
Summer Project Report
Elective I
Elective II
Elective III
Elective IV
Elective V

Semester IV:-
Project Planning & Management
System Dynamics
Comprehensive Viva - IV
Elective I
Elective II
Elective III
Elective IV
Elective V

Unregistered 11th June 2015 03:42 PM

Alagappa University MBA General Syllabus

I have got admission in MBA General course at Alagappa University . Will you please provide the Alagappa University MBA General course Syllabus for an overview ?

Kiran Chandar 12th June 2015 08:43 AM

Re: Alagappa University MBA General Syllabus

1 Attachment(s)
As you are looking for the Alagappa University MBA General course Syllabus , here I am providing same for you .

I SEMESTER
1.1 Management – Principles and Practices
1.2 Organizational Behaviour
1.3 Managerial Economics
1.4 Quantitative Techniques
1.5 Financial and Management Accounting

II SEMESTER
2.1 Research Methods
2.2 Business Environment
2.3 Business Laws
2.4 Management Information System
2.5 Human Resource Management

III SEMESTER
3.1 Marketing Management
Financial Management
Elective
Paper – 1

Paper – 2 from Group ‘A’ or ‘B’ or ‘C’

Paper – 3

IV SEMESTER
4.1 Production and Operations Management
Elective
4.2 Paper -1
Paper – 2 from Group ‘A’ or ‘B’ or ‘C’
Paper -3
4.3 Project (Compulsory)

https://management.ind.in/img/h/Alag...Syllabus-1.jpg
https://management.ind.in/img/h/Alag...Syllabus-2.jpg

INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS MANAGEMENT

UNIT 1

Constitution of India – Salient features – Fundamental rights and directive principles of State policy – Labour movement – Concept of labour movement and Union Organization – Trade union movement and various phases of the movement – Trade unions and economic development.

UNIT 2

Development of Trade Unionism in India – Historical retrospect – Central organization of workers in India – Role of internal trade union – Inter and intra union rivalries – Union recognition – International Labour Movement: ICFTU – WFTU – ILO – History, objective and functions – Convention and recommendations.

UNIT 3

Concept of Industrial Relations – Social obligations of industry – Role of government employers and the unions in industrial relations – Industrial relations machinery – Joint consultation – Works committee – Negotiation: Types of Negotiations – Conciliations – Adjudication, voluntary arbitration – Workers participation in industry – Grievance procedure.

UNIT 4
Process of collective bargaining – Problems and prospects – Bipartism in agreements – Code of conduct and code of discipline – Wage boards – Reports of wage boards – Management of strikes and lockouts.
UNIT 5

Employee safety programme – Types of safety organization – Safety committee – Ergonomics – Damage control and system, safety.

UNIT 6

Employee communication – House journals – Notice boards suggestion schemes – upward communication, personnel counselling and mental health – educational and social development – modern trends – employee education.

REFERENCE

1. Bhagoliwal T N, Personnel Management and Industrial Relations, Agra Publishers, Agra.
2. Arun Monappa, Industrial Relations, Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi.
3. Michael V P,HRM and Human Relations, Himalaya Book House, Mumbai.

LABOUR LEGISLATIONS - I
UNIT 1

Factories Act, 1948: Provision’s relating to health, safety, welfare, working hours, leave etc., of workers approval – Licensing and registration of factories, manager and occupier – Their obligations under the Act, powers of the authorities under the Act, Penalty provisions.
UNIT 2

Workmen’s Compensation Act, 1923: Employer’s liability for compensation, amount of compensation method of calculating wages – Review – distribution of compensation – Remedies of employer against stranger – Returns as to compensation – Commission for workmen’s compensation.
UNIT 3

Industrial Dispute Act, 1947: Industrial dispute – Authorities for settlement of industrial disputes – Reference of industrial disputes – Procedures – Power and duties of authorities, settlement and strikes – Lock-out – Lay-off – Retrenchment – Transfer and closure – Unfair labour practices – Miscellaneous provision offences by companies, conditions of service to remain unchanged under certain circumstances, etc.
UNIT 4

Shops and Establishments Act, 1947: Definitions – Sailent provisions – Powers of the authorities.
UNIT 5

Employee’s State Insurance Act, 1948: Registration of Factories and Establishments, the employee’s State Insurance Corporation, Standing Committee and Medical Benefit Council, provisions relating to contributions – Inspectors – Their functions and disputes and claims – Offences and penalties – Miscellaneous provisions.

UNIT 6

Employees Provident Fund and Msicellaneous Provisions Act, 1952: Employees provident fund and other schemes – Determination and recovery of money due from employer, appointment of inspectors and their duties – Provisions relating to transfer of accounts and liability in case of transfer of establishment exemption under the Act – Count’s power under the act.

REFERENCE :

1. Bare Acts
2. Kapoor N D, Industrial Law
3. Shukla M C, Industrial Law

TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT

UNIT 1
Training: Meaning – Definition – Need – Objectives – Difference among education, training and development – Levels of Training: Individual, operational and organizational levels.

UNIT 2
Training Organisation: Need assessment of Training- Organisational structure of training organizations – Training in manufacturing and service organizations – Duties and responsibilities of training managers – Selection of trainers: Internal and external.

UNIT 3
Employees Training: Meaning – Need – Areas of training: Knowledge, skill, attitude – Methods of training: On the job – Off the job.

UNIT 4
Executive Development Programmes: Meaning – Need – Methods of evaluation of effectiveness of training and development programmes.

UNIT 5
Evaluation of Training: Evaluation of training and development programs – Concept of return on investment and cost benefit analysis – Current practices in assessing training and development.

UNIT 6
Training and Development in India: Government policy on training – Training Institutes in India – Management Associations – Development programmes in Public and Private Sector organization.

REFERENCES

1. Sikula A F, Personnel Administration and Human Resource Development, John Wiley and Sons, New York.
2. Ahmed Abad, Management and Organisational Development, Rachana Prakashan, New Delhi.
3. Memoria C B, Personnel Management, Himalaya Publishing House, Mumbai.
4. Larney M C & William J, Management Training: Cases and Principles, Richad D Irwin, Illinois.
5. Rudra Baswaraj, Personnel Administration Practice in India, Vaikunta Lal Mehta Inst. of Co-op. Management, Pune.

Group B – Marketing
MARKETING OF SERVICES
UNIT 1
Services: Concept of Services- Definition, characteristics, classification – Service Vs Product – Essentials of Service Marketing- Services Market Segmentation: Meaning – Process – Bases and purpose of market segmentation- Vision and Mission in Service Marketing – Service Marketing planning process.

UNIT 2
Services Positioning and Differentiation: Evolution of positioning – Positioning and services – Levels of positioning – Process of positioning – Importance of positioning- Considerations in Positioning – Re-positioning.

UNIT 3
Services Marketing Mix: Marketing mix elements – The 7Ps- Service Product – Pricing the service – Service location and channels – Promotion and communication of services – Processes – Physical evidence – Developing a marketing mix strategy- Marketing strategy formulation – Resource allocation and monitoring – Marketing planning and services.

UNIT 4
Customer-focused Services: Customer Expectations of service product- Service quality and marketing – Intangibles in Intangibles- Improving service quality – Customer retention - Relationship Marketing in Service Marketing.

UNIT 5
Experiential Services Marketing: Tourism Service marketing – Hotel Service marketing –– Hospital services marketing- Education service marketing- Entertainment/Recreational Service Marketing.

UNIT 6
Encounter Services Marketing: Bank marketing – Insurance marketing –– Telecommunication services marketing – Consultancy services marketing – Transport Service Marketing.
REFERENCES
1. Lovelock, and Wirtz, Services Marketing, Prentice Hall, 2010.
2. Adrian Payne, Services Marketing, PHI, 1993.
3. Helen Woodruffe, Services Marketing, Macmillan, 1995.
4. Jha S.M, Services Marketing, Himalaya, 2002.
5. Sinha P.K and Sahoo S.C, Services Marketing, Himalaya.
6. Ravishankar, Services Marketing, Lalvani.
7. Valarie Zeithaml, et al, Services Marketing, McGraw hill, 2004

For detailed syllabus , here is the attachment