2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

10th April 2016, 08:59 AM
Unregistered

AIIMS Percentile

Hello sir, I am Ranjan Das. I am from Bhubaneswar. I want you to help me by giving me some information about the All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) MBBS entrance exam percentile scores. Can you help me?
Similar Threads
Thread
CAT Percentile for XIMB
IIM Indore Percentile
CAT Percentile For NDIM
CAT Percentile For IIT Madras
RBSE Top 20 Percentile
What is Percentile in KMAT
Elitmus Overall Percentile
Percentile In Elitmus
IIMS Cut Off Percentile
Percentile for XIMB
Cut Off Percentile for IIT Delhi
MAH MBA CET Percentile
Top MBA colleges through MAT at 97 percentile
MBA Percentile
GPAT Percentile
XIMB Percentile
CAT percentile for IIM Kozhikode
IIM Cutoff Percentile
Cut Off Percentile For IIM Indore
CAT colleges for 60 percentile
10th April 2016, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

Re: AIIMS Percentile

As you have asked about the All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) MBBS entrance exam percentile scores, I am giving you some information about it

Percentile scores are scores based on the relative performance of all those who appear for the examination.
Basically the marks obtained are transformed into a scale ranging from 100 to 0 for each group (shift) of examinees.

The Percentile Score indicates the percentage of candidates that have scored EQUAL TO OR BELOW (same or lower raw scores) that particular Percentile in that examination.
Therefore the topper (highest score) of each group (shift) will get the same Percentile of 100 which is desirable.
The marks obtained in between the highest and lowest scores are also converted to appropriate Percentiles.
The Percentile score is the Normalized Score for this examination.
The Percentile Scores will be calculated to 7 decimal places to avoid bunching effect and therefore reduce ties.
If candidate A’s Percentile score is 100, it indicates that amongst those who have taken the examination, 100% have scored either EQUAL TO OR LESS THAN the candidate A.
It also indicates that no candidate has scored more that candidate A.

If candidate C’s Percentile score is 50, it indicates that 50% of the other candidates who have taken the examination have scored either EQUAL TO OR LESS than candidate C.
It also indicates that remaining half of those who took the examination have scored more than candidate C.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in