2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

14th November 2014, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

Re: After BDS Dental Education in USA

The United States is the most favorite destinations for Indian dental candidates for higher studies and further settlement .

Indian graduates either have to join Doctor of Dental Science or Doctor of Dental Medicine which are equal degrees of four years’ time span, or two-year International Dentist Programme which will lead to DDS degree; which are accredited by either CODA or the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada

Requirements
Based on the candidates merit and performance in BDS exams, NBDE Part-I exam and TOFEL, candidates would be given admission either in first year of DDS/DDM or IDP.

The international dental candidates shall fulfill three requirements to get the licensure in the United States. They are:

Obtainment of DDS, DDM degrees, which are accredited by either CODA or the CDAC

Successful completion of the computer-based NBDE Parts I and II exams, and
Successful completion of a clinical examination administered by a state or regional testing agency.

The NBDE Part-I and Part-II exams are conducted by the Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations

And clinical examinations, third requirement, may be conducted by individual state boards of dentistry .

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in