2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

26th August 2014, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

Re: After B.A Economics Honors Eligible For IPS Exam

Yes definitely after completing B.A Economics Honors you are eligible for IPS exam.

Eligibility Criteria
Students must be at least 21 years of age at the time of filling the Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam form and not more than 30 years of age
Students must have obtained graduation degree.
Applicants who are in the final semester or have taken their final degree can also appear for the IAS and IPS Preliminary exam

CSE consists of three phases
1) CSAT
2) Civil Services Mains
3) IPS Interview.

IPS Syllabus
UPSC Prelim Exam Syllabus
Part A

Paper I - (200 marks) Duration : Two hours
• General Science.
• Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
• General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization
• Current events of national and international importance
• History of India and Indian National Movement
• Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
• Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.

Paper II-(200 marks) Duration : Two hours
• English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
• Decision making and problem solving
• Comprehension
• Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. — Class X level)
• Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
• Logical reasoning and analytical ability
• General mental ability

Part B

Paper III : English (200 marks / 3 hours duration) :

The pattern of questions would be broadly as follows (indicative only) :—
(i) Usage and Vocabulary;
(ii) Precis Writing;
(iii) Comprehension of given passages;
(iv) Paragraphs writing;

Paper IV :
Applicants will be required to write two Essays. One topic will pertain to Indian Society/politics/ Economy/Development, Growth and related aspects.
The other topic will pertain to security and related matters

IPS Exam Date:-

Civil Services (Main) Exam Date :- 18.12.2015
Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam Date :- 23.08.2015
25th February 2016, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

hii sir, I completed my bachelors as B.A Economics Honors I wants to know an I eligible to apply for the IPS Examinations or not ?
25th February 2016, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

Indian Police Service (IPS) examination is also known as the Civil Services examination which is conducted by the UPSC in every year for the selection of the talented candidates of India as the post of IPS officer. IPS officer job is consider as the one of the best job of India.

yes , you are eligible to apply for the IPS Examination if you fulfil the following eligibility criteria that is as follow :

Nationality - Indian

Educational Qualification = Graduation in any stream from a recognize university. The final year graduate candidates are eligible to apply for the IPS examination.

Age Limit = The age must be between 21 to 30 years the age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates which is belong to reservation category.

Physical Standard:

Height – Male 165 cm

Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9

Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123,
age 24 – 124,
age 25 –122,
age 28 – 124,
age 30 –125,
age 32 – 126,
age 34 – 127.

IAS, IFS, and IPS are the top three services of Group A, Central Services. The other Group A services include Indian Customs and Central Excise Service, Indian Revenue Service, and Indian Postal Service.

Civil Services Exam consists of preliminary exam (prelims), main exam (mains), and interview. The prelims are usually held in May /June. Mains are held in October/November. The exam is notified in December. Application forms can be obtained from designated post offices around the country and the exams are held in major cities.
All The Best!

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in