2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

30th May 2015, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

AF PTU Guidance

I am looking for details about AF (Air Force) guidance released this month for wear of the PTU (Physical Training Uniform) so please provide me the same? Also provide me PDF for AF (Air Force) guidance for wear of the PTU (Physical Training Uniform)?
Similar Threads
Thread
Guidance for AIPMT
Guidance GPHC
APPSC Guidance
Elitmus Guidance
Elitmus PH Test Guidance
JEE Guidance
LIC ADO Interview Guidance
SSC Guidance
AIPMT Guidance
Career Guidance for MBA Students
Guidance Counselling Courses
MBA Guidance India
FMS, Delhi MBA Guidance to appear fro CAT
Tidco Guidance Bureau
IAS exam guidance
CCSU Guidance Counseling
IAF Guidance
The Guidance Institute For IIT-JEE, Delhi
30th November 2019, 08:26 AM
Unregistered

Re: AF PTU Guidance

Can you tell me in detail about PT Uniform for Airmen as mentioned by Air Force Uniform Board?
30th November 2019, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

Re: AF PTU Guidance

The Air Force Uniform Board established an Oct. 1, 2006, mandatory wear date of the physical training uniform, or PTU, for unit fitness activities. The Board also released additional guidance for Airmen wearing the uniform for personal workouts.

All Airmen must comply with tattoo and jewellery standards as stated in Air Force Instruction 36-2903, Dress and Personal Appearance of Air Force Personnel.

Female Airmen exercising in the PTU may wear their hair free of pins or other accessories normally required to meet uniform standards. Also, there is no mandated maternity uniform while participating in formations or unit activities.

The Air Force created the PTU to support unit cohesion and present a professional, standardized image.

Commanders will determine what uniform items - which consist of a jacket, pants, shorts and T-shirt - Airmen will wear during unit fitness events.

The uniform board is working on optional items including a long-sleeve shirt, sweatshirt and another style of running shorts.

Airmen may wear the PTU during personal workouts given the following conditions:
- Saluting is not required.
- T-shirts may be worn out or tucked in.
- Jackets may be zipped, unzipped and worn with civilian clothes.
- Black or navy blue leggings or stretch shorts may be worn under the uniform shorts.
- White socks of any length and small conservative trademarks are authorized.
- Any athletic shoes may be worn;
- Safety items such as reflective belts, camelbacks and fanny packs are authorized;
- Hats or knit caps are authorized if they meet military image requirements;
- Headphones are authorized, subject to installation policy; and
- Bandanas and other similar head scarves are not authorized unless Airmen have a medical waiver.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in