2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

17th June 2015, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Aerodynamics 2 Anna University Question Papers

Hello ! friend as you are lookingf for the Aerodynamics 2 anna university question papers so here it is :

Anna University is a technical university in Tamil Nadu, India. The main university campus in situated in Guindy, Chennai

PART - A

1. Write the one-dimensional energy and momentum equations for an adiabatic compressible

steady flow.

2. What is under-expanding nozzle flow?

3. What are the properties of flow medium on which the velocity of sound through the medium depends upon?

4. Write internal energy equation for one dimensional high speed flow in general partial differential form.

5. What are the properties of flow medium that determine the velocity of sound wave in the medium?

6. Write down the Bernoulli’s equation for compressible flow.

7. Explain zone of action and zone of silence for a body moving at a speed of sound.

8. Explain Mach number spectrum.

9. What is isentropic compressibility?

10. With a suitable sketch illustrate the propagation of waves from a sound source moving at a speed of sound.

11. Why is a convergent divergent nozzle required to expand a flow from stagnation condition to supersonic velocity?

12. Explain the phenomenon of choking in a nozzle.

PART-B

1. i) Explain why a converging diverging configuration is required for the acceleration of flow from subsonic to supersonic conditions (8)

ii) What are the flow losses that are suffered by a compressible flow in variable area ducts? How does the back pressure affect the losses? (8)

2. i) Derive an expression for choked mass flow rate through a converging diverging nozzle in terms of total pressure, total temperature and throat area. (10)

ii) Sketch the pressure variation along the centerline of a converging diverging nozzle for optimum expansion. What is the influence of back pressure on this variation? (6)

3. i) Obtain an expression for velocity of sound on terms of specific heats and local temperature in air medium from one dimensional continuity, momentum and energy equations. (8)

ii) Derive relationship between the ratio of stagnation pressure to static pressure and Mach number for an isentropic flow. Derive similar relations for temperature and density ratios. (8)

4. i) Derive a general expression for the speed of sound in a compressible gas from first principle. (10)

ii) Derive an expression for the correction factor to be applied to pitot-static probe readings in compressible subsonic flows. (6)

5. i) Derive energy equation for one-dimensional steady compressible flow from first principle. Deduce the isentropic relation between stagnation and sonic conditions for temperature, pressure and density. (10)

ii) Air flow is discharged to sea level atmosphere through a sonic nozzle. If the air storage pressure at the reservoir is 40x105 N/m2, determine the pressure, temperature density at the exit of the nozzle. Assume that the reservoir air is at ambient temperature. (6)

6. i) Derive an expression connecting area and velocity variations with Mach number for a one-dimensional compressible flow. (8)

ii) Explain with suitable sketches the effect of pressure ratio on flow in a Laval nozzle.(8)

7. i) Sketch the pressure variation along a Laval nozzle for different back pressures. (6)

ii) An airplane flying at 1500 kmph at an altitude where the pressure and temperature are respectively 3x104 N/m2 and -50 degree C. Calculate the pressure, density and temperature at the leading edge of the wing. (10)

Contact details :
Address: MIT Road,Chromepet,Chennai,Tamil Nadu 600044, Anna University, Kotturpuram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600025
Phone: 044 6450 2506

MAP:
[MAP]Aerodynamics 2 Anna University Chennai, Tamil Nadu[/MAP]

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in