2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Jobs

13th August 2018, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

Re: Acharya Nagarjuna University Chemistry Syllabus

Hii sir, I Wants to get the Syllabus of the BSc Chemistry Paper I - Inorganic & Organic Chemistry of the Acharya Nagarjuna University ?
13th August 2018, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Acharya Nagarjuna University Chemistry Syllabus

Acharya Nagarjuna University is a university in the region of Namburu, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India. It is one of several major universities in the country, covering many colleges and institutes of districts in the region.

The Syllabus of the BSc Chemistry Paper I - Inorganic & Organic Chemistry of the Acharya Nagarjuna University is given below

INORGANIC CHEMISTRY

UNIT I p-block elements I 15h Group-13: Synthesis and structure of diborane and higher boranes (B4H10 and B5H9), boron-nitrogen compounds (B3N3H6 and BN) Group - 14: Preparation and applications of silanes and silicones. Group - 15: Preparation and reactions of hydrazine, hydroxylamine.

UNIT-II
1. p-block elements -II 8h Group - 16: Classifications of oxides based on (i) Chemical behaviour and (ii) Oxygen content. Group-17: Inter halogen compounds and pseudo halogens. 2. Organometallic Chemistry 7h Definition - classification of Organometallic compounds - nomenclature, preparation, properties and applications of alkyls of Li and Mg

ORGANIC CHEMISTRY

UNIT-III

Structural theory in Organic Chemistry
Types of bond fission and organic reagents (Electrophilic, Nucleophilic, and free radical reagents including neutral molecules like H2O,NH3& AlCl3).
Bond polarization : Factors influencing the polarization of covalent bonds, electro
negativity - inductive effect. Application of inductive effect (a) Basicity of amines (b)
Acidity of carboxylic acids (c) Stability of carbonium ions. Resonance or Mesomeric
effect, application to (a) acidity of phenol, and (b) acidity of carboxylic acids. Hyper
conjugation and its application to stability of carbonium ions, Free radicals and alkenes,carbanions, carbenes and nitrenes.

Types of Organic reactions : Addition - electrophilic, nucleophilic and free radical.
Substitution - electrophilic, nucleophilic and free radical. Elimination- Examples.

UNIT-IV

l. Acyclic Hydrocarbons
Alkenes - Preparation of alkenes. Properties: Addition of hydrogen - heat of
hydrogenation and stability of alkenes. Addition of halogen and its mechanism. Addition of HX, Markonikov's rule, addition of H2O, HOX, H2SO4 with mechanism and addition of HBr in the presence of peroxide (anti - Markonikov's addition). Dienes - Types of dienes, reactions of conjugated dienes - 1,2 and 1,4 addition of HBr to 1,3 butadiene and Diel's - Alder reaction.

Alkynes - Preparation by dehydrohalogenation of dihalides, dehalogenation of
tetrahalides, Properties; Acidity of acetylenic hydrogen (formation of Metal acetylides). Preparation of higher acetylenes, Metal ammonia reductions, Physical properties. Chemical reactivity - electrophilic addition of X2, HX, H2O (Tautomerism), Oxidation with KMnO4, OsO4, reduction and Polymerisation reaction of acetylene.

Alicyclic hydrocarbons (Cycloalkanes) Nomenclature, Preparation by Freunds method, Wislicenus method. Properties - reactivity of cyclopropane and cyclobutane by comparing with alkanes, Stability of cycloalkanes - Baeyer's strain theory, Sachse and Mohr predictions and Pitzer's strain theory. Conformational structures of cyclobutane, cyclopentane, cyclohexane.

UNIT-V

Benzene and its reactivity
Concept of resonance, resonance energy. Heat of hydrogenation, heat of combustion of Benzene, mention of C-C bond lengths and orbital picture of Benzene. Concept of
aromaticity - aromaticity (definition), Huckel's rule - application to Benzenoid (Benzene, Naphthalene) and Non - Benzenoid compounds (cyclopropenyl cation, cyclopentadienyl anion and tropylium cation)

Reactions - General mechanism of electrophilic substitution, mechanism of nitration,
Friedel Craft's alkylation and acylation. Orientation of aromatic substitution Definition of ortho, para and meta directing groups. Ring activating and deactivating groups with examples (Electronic interpretation of various groups like NO2 and Phenolic). Orientation of (i) Amino, methoxy and methyl groups (ii) Carboxy, nitro, nitrile, carbonyl and sulphonic acid groups (iii) Halogens
(Explanation by taking minimum of one example from each type)

For more details here i am giving link of Syllabus of the BSc Chemistry Paper I - Inorganic & Organic Chemistry of the Acharya Nagarjuna University
nagarjunauniversity.ac.in/ugcbcssyllabus/bscchem.pdf

Contact Details :
Acharya Nagarjuna University
Address: NH16, Nagarjuna Nagar, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh 522510

Tags
acharya nagarjuna university

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in