2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

30th April 2015, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

YCMOU MA History Syllabus

My syllabus of MA History 1st Year Program of Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU) wet in the rain when I am going at my home from the College. So I want to get syllabus in PDF format that never wet. So where can I get syllabus of MA history Program in PDF format of YCMOU?
Similar Threads
Thread
B.Com Syllabus YCMOU
BSC MLT Syllabus YCMOU
YCMOU MBA Finance Syllabus
YCMOU BCA Syllabus
YCMOU DSM Syllabus
YCMOU M.A. History
YCMOU V22 Syllabus
Ycmou MBA syllabus
YCMOU Syllabus
YCMOU BA Syllabus
JNU Syllabus For MA History
YCMOU MSC Biotechnology Syllabus
History of YCMOU
YCMOU BCA Software Engineering Syllabus
YCMOU DOTA Syllabus
YCMOU Environmental Architecture Syllabus
YCMOU History Books
YCMOU M.Arch General Syllabus
UGC History Net Syllabus
UPSC History Syllabus
19th April 2018, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

Re: YCMOU MA History Syllabus

My sister has taken admission in MA History Course at Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU). She said me to download syllabus of 1st year course, so someone is here who will help me to download syllabus of MA History Course of Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU)?
19th April 2018, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

Re: YCMOU MA History Syllabus

As you want to download syllabus of MA History Course offering by Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU), so here I am providing complete detailed syllabus:

Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU) MA History Syllabus:

Paper-I Medieval Societies - I
Paper-II Modern World - I
Paper-III Option-(i): Medieval Indian Polity (1200-1750)
Option-(ii): Colonial India - I (1757- 1857)

Optional Papers:
Paper-IV History of China in Modern Times 20 80 100 3 Hrs.
Paper-V History of Europe - I (1789-1871) 20 80 100 3 Hrs.
Paper-VI History of the U.S.A. - I (1776-1865) 20 80 100 3 Hrs.
Paper-VII History of Britain - I (1688-1815) 20 80 100 3 Hrs.
Paper-VIII History of Imperial Russia - I (1855- 1917)

Paper I (Core Paper): Medieval Societies I
Unit I Medieval Europe: Transition from Ancient Society to Medieval Society;
Feudal Institutions; Medieval State and Church; Clergy and its Socio Economic Role
Unit II Feudalism: Agrarian Structure and Relations; The Manorial System - Changing Position of the Peasantry; Agrarian Technology
Unit III Organization of Non-Agricultural Production; Major Non-Agricultural Productions; Artisans and Merchants
Unit IV Local Trade under Feudalism; Growth of Foreign Trade and Commerce;
Urbanization: Urban Centers and Society; Decline of Feudalism

Paper II (Core Paper): Modern World I
Unit I Transition from Feudalism to Capitalism in Europe; Renaissance and its Impact; Reformation and its Impact; Enlightenment and Scientific Revolution Unit II Rise of Capitalism: Mercantile Revolution Origins, Nature and Impact; Economic Developments during the 16th Century: Shift of Economic Balance from the Mediterranean Region to Atlantic Region; Old Colonial System and its Consequences
Unit-III Rise of Liberalism: Glorious Revolution Nature and Impact; American
Revolution Nature and Impact; French Revolution Nature and Impact
Unit- IV Growth of Capitalism: Industrial and Technological Revolution Origins,
Nature and Impact; Nationalism in Central Europe; Imperialism: Origins,
Interpretations and Consequences

Paper III (Opt. -i) (Specialization Paper ) : Medieval Indian PolityI (1200 1750)
Unit I Sources: Archival, Archaeological, Major Contemporary Historical Writings, Travel Accounts, European Factory Records; Nature of State : Delhi Sultanate and the Mughal State
Unit II Theory of Kingship under Delhi Sultanate : Balban and Alauddin Khalji; Afghan Theory of Kingship; Mughal Theory of Kingship ; Nature of Regional States with special reference to Vijaynagar and Bahmani Kingdoms
Unit III Evolution of the Institutional Structure and System of Government : Iqta, Amaram, Mansab and Jagir; Central and Provincial Administration
Unit-IV Ruling Classes: Evolving Compositions; Local Alliances and Conflicts

Paper III (Opt. ii) (Specialization Paper ): Colonial India I (1757-1857)
Unit I Sources : Archival Records, Private Papers, Newspapers, Periodicals and Oral Traditions; Pre-Colonial Order Polity, Economy and Society
Unit II British Mercantilism and India; Colonial Expansion: Bengal, Mysore and
Marathas
Unit III Consolidation of the Colonial Power: Annexation of Awadh, Sindh and Punjab; Subsidiary Alliance System; Doctrine of Lapse
Unit IV Evaluation of the British Paramountcy: Motives and Phases; Rise of the Colonial State

Paper IV (Optional Paper) : History of China in Modern Times-I
Unit I Shaping Forces of Modern China : The Canton System of Trade; Opium Wars; The Taiping Revolt; The Boxer Uprising
Unit II Socio-Economic Changes and Intellectual Awakening: Revolution and the Republic of 1911; Dr. Sun Yat Sen - Ideology and Work; The May 4th Movement
Unit III Resistance and Struggle: Rise of the Communist Party- Early Agendas and Initiatives, Relations with the Kuomintang; The Civil War and Communist Revolution 1945-1949; Causes of Communist Success
Unit IV Founding of the Peoples’ Republic: Mao Tse Tung Ideology and Work; Cultural Revolution; Structure of the Communist State; Land Collectivization and Economic Reforms

Paper V (Optional Paper) : History of Europe I (1789-1871)
Unit I French Revolution: Crisis of the Old Regime, Intellectual Currents, Growth of Democratic Institutions, Impact of the Revolution; Napoleon Bonaparte : Emergence and Downfall
Unit II Congress of Vienna and Reconstruction of Europe; The Concert of Europe: Nature, Growth and Failure; The Metternich System and Conservative Europe
Unit III Revolutionary Europe: Nature and Impact of the Revolutions of 1830 and 1848; The Eastern Question: Ethnicity and Nationalism among the Balkan States, Independence of Greece and Crimean War
Unit IV Unification of Italy and Germany; Process of Economic Change in Europe; Second French Republic and Second Empire

Paper VI (Optional Paper) : History of the U.S.A.-I (1776-1865)
Unit I American Revolution: Colonial Background, Revolutionary Ideologies; Nature and Significance of the War of Independence; Process of the Making of Constitution
Unit II Evolution of American Democracy: Rule of Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson; Political Parties 1840-1860; Role of Judiciary; Blacks and Women under American Democratic System
Unit III The Monroe Doctrine; Expansion of Frontiers and Turner’s Thesis; Manifest Destiny; Mexico-American War
Unit IV Sectional Conflict : Origins and Growth; The Civil War : Causes, Interpretations and Consequences; Abraham Lincoln’s Role in the Emancipation of Slaves

Paper VII (Optional Paper ) : History of Britain I (1688-1815)
Unit I ‘Glorious’ Revolution; Bill of Rights, Act of Settlement (1701); Growth of
Whig and Tory Parties; Walpole and Cabinet System; Personal Rule of George -III and its Constitutional Significance
Unit II Britain and War of American Independence; Policy towards Ireland; Impact of
French Revolution on Britain; Struggle against Napoleon Bonaparte
Unit III Mercantile System and British Colonialism; Origins of Industrial Revolution;
Agrarian Revolution and its Impact; Increase in Trade and Commerce
Unit IV Society and Social Change: Peasants, Working Class, Capitalist Class and the
Bourgeoisie; Methodist and Evangelical Movements

Paper VIII (Optional Paper) : History of Imperial Russia-I (1855-1917)
Unit I Reforms of Alexander -II: Abolition of Serfdom and its Results; Other
Reforms Local Government, Educational, Legal, Military and Financial
Unit II Problem of Multilingual Groups and Policy of Russification; Economic and
Industrial Development in the 19th Century
Unit III Growth of Revolutionary Ideas in Russia: Populism; Nihilism; Social
Democrats; Marxism Bolsheviks and Mensheviks
Unit IV The Russo-Japanese War; Revolution of 1905: Causes and Consequences;
The Constitutional Monarchy 1905-1917; Russia and World War I

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in