2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

15th April 2015, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

William Carey University Art Gallery

I heard that Lucile Parker Gallery at Art Department of William Carey University have very beautiful Arts, I am artist and want to visit this Art Gallery so please give me contact details for confirmation? Also give details about Undergraduate and Graduate Student Art Exhibition at William Carey?
Similar Threads
Thread
William Carey University Academics
The William Carey University
William Carey University Ath
William Carey University Apartments
William Carey University Locations
William Carey University Wifi
William Carey University Serampore
Job Openings at William Carey University
William Carey University Rotc
William Carey University Tennis
William Carey University Programs
William Carey University Security
William Carey University Ratings
William Carey University RN Program
William Carey University Shillong
William Carey University MS
William Carey University USA
When Did William Carey Become a University
William Carey Northampton University
D2l william carey University
23rd August 2018, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

Re: William Carey University Art Gallery

I want to know the Collections of Lucile Parker Art Gallery of William Carey University so will you tell me?
23rd August 2018, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Re: William Carey University Art Gallery

The Lucile Parker Gallery is located at 512 Tuscan on the Hattiesburg campus of William Carey University.

The gallery was opened in 1990

The gallery stands as a testimonial to the legacy of Miss Parker as a teacher who instilled in her students a love of beauty and inspired them to go beyond the possible.

The Lucile Parker Gallery houses four collections: the Lucile Parker Collection, the William Carey University Collection, the Larry H. Day Collection, and the Brian Blair Collection.

Exhibitions of local, state, and nationally known artists are scheduled August through May.

Usually six to seven exhibits are held with the permanent collections on display during the summer.

Lucile Parker Collection-

The Lucile Parker Collection consists of 142 artworks by Lucile Parker, with the exception of a group of 17 by Marie Hull, which were donated to the university by Miss Parker from her private collection.

Many works were given to the university by Luciles family after her death in 1988.

Works in the collection include paintings and drawings of flowers, portraits, and landscapes, all beautifully done in watercolor, mixed media, etching, pencil, graphite, oils, and acrylic.

Brian Blair Collection

The Brian Blair Collection contains 15 drawings and watercolors by Lucile Parker of the Blair children and family members and other works.

Larry H. Day Collection

The Larry H. Day Collection consists of 190 wildlife pieces and stamps, prints by Dr. Allen Hughes, and limited edition floral prints by Jeanne Holgate.

William Carey Collection

The William Carey University Collection consists of 159 artworks by a variety of artists.

Portraits of presidents and benefactors of the university are contained in this collection.

Contact-

William Carey University
710 William Carey Parkway
Hattiesburg, MS 39401

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in