2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th August 2015, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Why IBPS Changed Pattern

IBPS took up the task of conducting common recruitment exams for PSU banks in 2011, before that, all banks used to recruit personnel individually and independently. That system was a total chaos for applicants, as, they used to give exams almost almost every week/month for these individual banks. Also, it was very inefficient system. Same candidates, used to get selected in all banks and lot of deserving candidates kept on waiting for their turn.

So, changes in the pattern will have following by IBPS in the following matter

1. Exam will be conducted in two Tiers, this will ensure that there is no randomness in the selection process (person has to qualify on both the stages to reach interview stage).

2. Tier I will be a easier exam and more number of candidates will be qualified in this stage. Difficulty level in tier II will be high. So, by including both kind of papers, it will be ensured that the candidates, who can handle both kinds of situations are qualified.

3. Tier II exam will include bio-metric identification i.e. at the time of entering the exam hall, you will be required to undergo bio-metric identification - i.e. scanning of your thumb impression etc. Same scanning will happen at the time of interview stage and at the time of joining the bank.

4. Tier I exams will be of qualifying nature and its score will not be added while preparing for final merit list. Only Tier II marks and Interview score will be considered for the preparation of final merit list.

The whole process will ensure that only the genuine, deserving and all rounded person gets the selection.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in