2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

14th February 2017, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

Re: What is Suitability Test in IIT Madras

The M. Tech Admission 2016 in IIT Madras to candidates (who are not required to take Suitability Test/ Interview) was finalized strictly in the order of merit as per the GATE Score (CGPA & Department Review for IIT Graduates) and on the basis of choices given by them in the application.

Schedule of Events for IIT Madras M. Tech Admission 2016

Opening of Website for ONLINE applications
07 Mar 2016

Closing of Website for ONLINE applications
15 Apr 2016

Suitability Test/ Interview for relevant candidates (for GATE & IIT Candidates)
30 Apr 2016

Written Test and/or Interview (for sponsored candidates only)
02 ,03 Jun 2016

Date of reporting for admission
25 Jul 2016

Date for Additional Round after the Admission Day (only if there are any unfilled seats)
26 Jul 2016

Orientation Programme, Photo session and Workflow Enrolment
27 Jul 2016

Commencement of Classes
01 Aug 2016

Schedule for Suitability Test/ Interview

Suitability test is required for M. Tech. programmes in the Department of:
• Mathematics (for Associate membership holders of various recognized professional societies)
• Mechanical Engineering (For candidates with GATE score in a paper other than (a) 'ME' for ME1 and ME2 programmes and (b) 'ME' and 'PI' for ME3 programme)
• Metallurgical & Materials Engineering (For candidates with GATE score in a paper other than MT)
• Ocean Engineering (For all candidates applied for 'OE1' and / or 'OE2' programmes)

Suitability Test is required for XE/XL and ZE/ZS candidates.

For M. Tech programmes in Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering and Ocean Engineering, candidates were to report at the office of the Head of the respective Department.

One with XE/XL paper in GATE has to report at the GATE office.

When one was called for the suitability test, one needed to be present to be considered for that particular programme. Even if one had not attended the suitability test for a particular programme, one was still considered for the other programmes that have chosen in application and that do not require suitability test.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in