2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

22nd September 2014, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

Re: What Is National Institute of Health Stroke Scale

Here you are looking for details of National Institute of Health Stroke Scale as you are looking here I am providing you some details.

Administer stroke scale items in the order listed. Record performance in each category after each subscale exam. Do not go back and change scores. Follow directions provided for each exam technique. Scores should reflect what the patient does, not what the clinician thinks the patient can do. The clinician should record answers while administering the exam and work quickly. Except where indicated, the patient should not be coached (i.e., repeated requests to patient to make a special effort).

Scale Definition

0 = Alert;keenly responsive.

1 = Not alert; but arousable by minor stimulation to obey, answer, or respond.

2 = Not alert; requires repeated stimulation to attend, or is obtunded and requires strong or painful stimulation to make movements (not stereotyped).

3 = Responds only with reflex motor or autonomic effects or totally unresponsive, flaccid, and areflexic.

Score Stroke Severity

0 No Stroke Symptoms
1-4 Minor Stroke
5-15 Moderate Stroke
16-20 Moderate to Severe Stroke
21-42 Severe Stroke

Instructions

1a. Level of Consciousness: The investigator must choose a response if a full evaluation is prevented by such obstacles as an endotracheal tube, language barrier, or otracheal trauma/bandages. A 3 is scored only if the patient makes no movement (other than reflexive posturing) in response to noxious stimulation.

Here I am attaching a file to get full information of National Institute of Health Stroke Scale you can download this attachment it is free to download.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf National Institute of Health Stroke Scale.pdf (494.1 KB, 100 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in