2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

20th June 2015, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

What To Know For The RD Exam

I have applied for Registered Dietitian (RD) Exam but I have no idea how to prepare for it? Would you please tell me what to know for the RD Exam? Please provide me General Instruction for this Exam. Can you suggest me some best books for RD Exam?
25th June 2018, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

Re: What To Know For The RD Exam

I want top apply for Registered Dietitian RD Exam so can you please provide me the details of the exam?
25th June 2018, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Re: What To Know For The RD Exam

Registered Dietitian (RD) is a title awarded to applicants who successfully complete the RD examination conducted annually (usually in the month of February) by Indian Dietetic Association, RD Board.

RD exam Eligibility criteria

Graduate Degree in Nutrition & Dietetics OR Graduate Degree in Home Science with Foods & Nutrition (only as a day scholar).

Post Graduate Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics OR Post Graduate Degree (M.Sc) in Foods & Nutrition/Dietetics (only as a day scholar).

After post graduate education, six months continuous internship from hospitals recognized for RD training that are listed on the IDA website (idaindia.com)

OR

Five years of experience in a multispecialty hospital as full-time dietitian (clinical portfolio only) in addition to the above two qualification requirement.

Registered Dietitian Exam Syllabus

Registered Dietitian Exam Syllabus of Paper I

Human Physiology
Biochemistry
Physiologic and Metabolic Changes in Disease
Food Microbiology, Sanitation and Hygiene

Registered Dietitian Exam Syllabus of Paper II

Human Nutrition and Meal Management
Community Nutrition
Diet Therapy (Theory)
Nutrition Education and Dietetic Counseling
Food Services Management