2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

8th May 2015, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

What Is JEE Exam

I am studying in Class 12th. I want to do Engineering after12th. So I want information about the JEE Examination conducted by IIT’s. So tell me, is it necessary to appear in the JEE Exam for admission in top Engineering College of India? Can I take admission in B.Tech Course without appear in any Entrance Exam?
25th May 2020, 09:02 AM
Unregistered

Re: What Is JEE Exam

Can you tell me what Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is? Also provide me the paper pattern for Joint Entrance Examination (JEE)?
25th May 2020, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Re: What Is JEE Exam

Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is an engineering entrance examination conducted for admission to various engineering colleges in India. It is constituted by two different examinations - JEE Main and the JEE Advanced.

The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) conducts the joint admission process for a total of 23 Indian Institute of Technology campuses, 32 National Institute of Technology campuses, 18 Indian Institute of Information Technology campuses and 19 other Government Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs) based on the rank obtained by a student in JEE Mains and JEE Advanced.

JEE Exams Paper Pattern

JEE Main Exam Pattern - Paper 1

Exam Mode
Computer-based test mode

Exam Duration
3 hours (4 hours for persons with benchmark disabilities)

Subjects
Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics

Total number of questions
75 (Each subject will have 25 questions)

Type of Questions
20 Objective questions having 4 options each with only 1 correct option
5 Numerical questions with numerical value as answer

Marking Scheme
For MCQs - 4 Marks will be awarded for every correct answer and 1 Mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer

For answer with numeric value - 4 Marks will be awarded for every correct answer and 0 Mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer

Maximum Marks

Medium of paper
English or Hindi (Candidates from Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli can opt for Gujarati as well)

JEE Main Exam Pattern - Paper 2 for B.Arch and B.Plan

Exam Mode
B.Arch: Mathematics and Aptitude test will be computer-based, whereas Drawing test will be conducted in the pen-and-paper mode
B.Plan: Computer-based

Exam Duration
3 hours (4 hours for persons with benchmark disabilities)

Subjects
B.Arch: Mathematics, General Aptitude and Drawing skills
B.Plan: Mathematics, General Aptitude and Planning

Total number of questions
B.Arch: Maths will have 20 MCQ questions and 5 numerical questions; Aptitude will have 50 MCQs and drawing test will have 2 questions
B.Plan: Maths will have 20 MCQ questions and 5 numerical questions; Aptitude will have 50 MCQs and Planning section will have 25 questions.

Type of Questions
B.Arch Maths and Aptitude will be MCQs while drawing section will have questions to test the drawing and sketching skills. Maths will also have numerical questions
B.Plan aspirants will have 25 questions on Planning instead of drawing while the exam pattern of JEE Main will be same for Maths and Aptitude. Planning section will also include a written passage.

Marking Scheme
For MCQs - 4 Marks will be awarded for every correct answer and 1 Mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer
For answer with numeric value - 4 Marks will be awarded for every correct answer and 0 Mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer
Marking Scheme for Drawing Test - Two questions to be evaluated out of 100 marks

Maximum Marks

Medium of paper
English or Hindi (Candidates from Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli can opt for Gujarati as well)

JEE Advanced Exam Pattern

Exam Mode:
The IIT JEE Advanced exam will be conducted through online (Computer Based) mode only.
Number of Papers: The examination consists of 2 papers. It is mandatory for one to attempt both the papers.

Number of Sections:
There are 3 separate sections in both the papers, namely Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

Question Paper Type:
The question papers will contain objective type that includes MCQ as well as numerical answer type questions.

Exam Timings:
Total 3 hours will be provided to each paper. Timings for paper-1 will be 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and for paper-2, the timings will be 14:30 p.m. to 17:30 p.m.

Language:
The candidates can avail the question papers in both English and Hindi medium (mention the question paper medium at the time of registration).

Marking Scheme:
There is a procedure of negative marking for some of the questions.

JEE Advanced Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)

Exam Mode:
AAT Exam will be held through offline mode only (Pen Paper Based).

Number of Paper:
The question paper will be composed of one paper.

Number of Sections:
It comprises of three sections: Mathematics, Aptitude Test & Drawing Test.

Question Paper Type:
There will be objective type questions will be asked.

Exam Duration:
The duration of exam will be 3 hours.

Language:
The medium of the question paper will be English only.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in