2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

20th June 2015, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

What Is CDS Exam All About

For which post the CDS Exam is conducted every year by UPSC? Please provide me all information about this Exam? What is procedure to apply online for CDS Exam? Please give me important dates for this year examination? Also provide me detailed syllabus and sample papers for preparation.
15th June 2018, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

Re: What Is CDS Exam All About

Hii sir, My Brother wants to give the CDS Examination Will you Please Provide me the Information About the CDS Examination ?
15th June 2018, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

Re: What Is CDS Exam All About

The "Combined Defence Services" Examination is conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment into the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

Eligibility Criteria

Nationality:

A candidate must be either
(a) A citizen of India, or
(b) A subject of Nepal, or
(c) A subject of Bhutan, or
(d) A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(e) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.

2. Age Limit:
(i) For IMA: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02-01-1995 and not later than 01-01-2000

(ii) For Indian Naval Academy: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02-01-1995 and not later than 01-01-2000.

(iii) For Air Force Academy: Unmarried male candidates age between 20 to 24 years as on 1st January, 2019 i.e. born not earlier than 02-01-1995 and not later than 01-01-1999 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs.i.e. born not earlier than 02-01-1993 and not later than 01-01-1999).

(iv) For Officers Training Academy (SSC Course for Men): Male candidates (unmarried) born not earlier than 02-01-1994 and not later than 01-01-2000.

(v) For Officers Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course): Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 02-01-1994 and not later than 01-01-2000.

Educational Qualification:

(i) For I.M.A. and Officers Training Academy: Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.

(ii) For Indian Naval Academy: Degree in Engineering from a recognized university/institution.

(iii) For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.

Examination Pattern :

(A) For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy:

Subject Duration Maximum Marks
English 2 Hours 100
General Knowledge 2 Hours 100
Elementary Mathematics2 Hours 100

(B) For Admission to Officers Training Academy:

Subject Duration Maximum Marks
English 2 Hours 100
General Knowledge 2 Hours 100

Intelligence And Personality Test :

Stage I comprises of Officers Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception Description Test (P&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on combination of performance in QIR Test and PP and DT.

b. Stage II comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officers Tasks, Psychology Tests and the conference. These testes are conducted over 4 days .

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in