2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

15th June 2015, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

Re: West Bengal State University Syllabus Chemistry

As you are looking for the syllabus of Bsc Chemistry of West Bengal State University . so here I am providing you it here.

CEMGT 11A

Unit I. Basic physical chemistry I (12 Marks)

Physical states of matter:

(a) Gaseous state:

Kinetic theory of gas, collision and gas pressure, average kinetic energy of translation, Boltzmann constant.
Maxwell's distribution law of molecular speeds (without derivation), most probable, average and root mean square speed of gas molecules, concept of degrees of freedom and principle of equipartition of energy (without derivation). Mean free path and collision frequencies. Heat capacity of gases (molecular basis); viscosity of gases.
Real gases, compressibility factor, deviation from ideality, van der Waals equation of state, critical phenomena, (principle of continuity of states), critical constants.

(b) Liquid state:
Physical properties of liquids and their measurements: surface tension and viscosity.

(c) Crystalline state:
Types of bonding in solids, law of constancy of angles, concept and types of unit cell (viz. simple cubic, bcc, fcc) coordination number, law of rational indices, Miller indices.

Unit II. Basic physical chemistry II (13 Marks)

Thermodynamics I:

(a) Definition of thermodynamic terms: Intensive and extensive variables, isolated, closed and open systems. Cyclic, reversible and irreversible processes. Thermodynamic functions and their differentials. Zeroth law of thermodynamics, concept of heat (q) and work (w); IUPAC nomenclature of work and heat.

Contact information:-
West Bengal State University
Barasat, North 24 Paraganas
Postal Address: Berunanpukuria, P.O. Malikapur,
North 24 Parganas, PIN 700126
Office Fax : (033) 2524 1977
Telephone : 25241975, 25241976, 25241978, 25241979

[MAP]West Bengal State University[/MAP]
15th October 2016, 10:19 AM
aashi wadiya

Re: West Bengal State University Syllabus Chemistry

i am student of 1st year[IFF] kindly provide me syllabus of chemistry gen. and zoology gen.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in