2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

28th September 2016, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Weightage Of Gk In IIFT

The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) conducts a test for admissions to its various MBA programs. It is one of the few exams in the MBA entrance test universe that has a section on GK.

The GK section in IIFT is of higher level of difficulty as compared to SNAP, CMAT, MAT, XAT etc. GK section is a pet peeve for a lot of students.

General Knowledge and awareness is expected to have 30 questions with a weightage of 15 marks. It is expected that each GK question will carry 0.50 mark.

General Knowledge section in IIFT entrance test cannot be undermined as it has the sectional cut off and stands at par with other sections.

A low score in GK may reduce the total score of IIFT aspirants resulting in no call from the B-school. GK with15% weightage in IIFT entrance is considered as the percentile booster.

The weightage of the GK section in the IIFT test is not fixed and, in the past, has varied from 13-14 marks out of 100 total marks.

In IIFT last year there were 28 questions out of 124 questions. Each question carried 0.5 marks. Even though the weightage for GK is less,

IIFT GK - Past Year Paper Analysis
2012 2013 2014
Static 19 (68%) 19 (68%) 8 (31%)
Current 9 (32%) 9 (32%) 18 (69%)
Total 28 28 26

Some question of GK IIFT:

Q. 1 Under an agreement with which of the following countries did Subhash Chandra Bose organize the Indian Soldiers into Azad Hind Fauj?
1. Germany 2. Japan
3. Italy 4. Russia

Q. 2 Which of the following is not headquartered in China?
1. Weibo 2. WeChat
3. Alibaba 4. Jabong
Now, in order for you to get a flavor of different types of questions in terms of level of difficulty, try and answer the following relatively tougher questions, that have been asked in the previous IIFT tests:

Q. 3.Given in Column 1 are some Latin phrases commonly used in English. Their meanings are given in Column 2. Match the phrase in Column 1 with its correct meaning in Column 2
Column 1 Column 2
i. Caveat Emptor a. That is to say
ii. Quid Pro Quo b. In the same place
iii. Videlicet c. Let the buyer beware
iv. Ibidem d.One thing for another
1. i-c; ii-d; iii-a; iv-b 2. i-b; ii-a; iii-c; iv-d
3. i-d; ii-c; iii-b; iv-a4. i-a; ii-b; iii-d; iv-c

Q. 4. 'Gold fixing' refers to setting the price of Gold. Where is the value of Gold set?
1. New York 2. London
3. Tokyo 4. Singapore
In the IIFT test, not every question can be easily classified under static or GK. For example:

Q. 5. The Ebola Virus is named after the Ebola River. The river is located in:
1. The Federal Republic of Nigeria
2. The Democratic Republic of Congo
3. The Republic of Senegal
4. The Commonwealth of Virginia, USA

Q. 6. Who is the brand ambassador of Telangana State?
1. Sania Mirza 2. Saina Nehwal
3. VVS Laxman 4. PV Sindhu

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in