2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

15th April 2015, 09:01 AM
Unregistered

WBSU Economics Syllabus

Hello bro would you please do me favor share with me the economics syllabus of West Bengal State University as my father want to have a look of that please do it fast for me with it if possible for you then please suggest me contact detail and Map Location of West Bengal State University
Similar Threads
Thread
WBSU Zoology Syllabus
WBSU BBA Syllabus
WBSU Botany General Syllabus
WBSU B.Com Syllabus
Botany General Syllabus Of WBSU
WBSU BCA syllabus
WBSU BSC Syllabus
Phd In Economics In WBSU
Zoology General Syllabus WBSU
WBSU Syllabus Microbiology
WBSU Syllabus Botany
WBSU BCOM Part 2 Syllabus
WBSU English Honours Syllabus
WBSU Bcom syllabus
WBSU Envs Syllabus
WBSU MA English Syllabus
WBSU Elective English Syllabus
MA Economics Delhi School of Economics Syllabus
Delhi School of Economics MA Economics Entrance Exam Syllabus
HCU MA Economics Syllabus
10th August 2018, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

Re: WBSU Economics Syllabus

Can you provide me the syllabus/course structure for B.A. (Bachelor of Arts) Economics degree course offered by WBSU (West Bengal State University)?
10th August 2018, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

Re: WBSU Economics Syllabus

The syllabus/course structure for B.A. (Bachelor of Arts) Economics degree course offered by WBSU (West Bengal State University) is as follows:

Sem-1: DSC-1 (ECOGCOR01T)

Topics
1. Basic Concepts: (10 hours)
What is economics? Scope and method of economics; the economic problem: scarcity and choice; Distinction between Microeconomics and Macroeconomics; Concept of Market, Demand & Supply Market equilibrium. Elasticity of Demand: Price elasticity of Demand Factors affecting the price elasticity of demand-Measurement of point price elasticity of demand and Arc elasticity- Income elasticity of demand.

2. Consumers
Behaviour (15 hours)
Marginal Utility- Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility- Derivation of demand curve from marginal utility curve- Consumers surplus
Indifference curve: Definition and Characteristics Budget line Consumers Equilibrium Income effect and Substitution effect- Graphical presentation to show Price effect is the summation of Income effect and Substitution effect- Inferior goods and Giffen goods.

3. Producers
Behaviour (15 hours)
Concept of Production- Factors of Production- Production Function: Concepts of TP, AP and MP. Derivation of AP and MP curve graphically from TP curve- Law of Variable Proportions- Isoquants and its Properties- Expansion Path- Laws of Returns to Scale.
Concepts of Revenue- TR, AR, MR. Derivation of AR and MR curve from TR curve Relation concerning AR, MR and Elasticity of Demand.
Cost of Production Fixed cost and Variable cost Shape of the Short-run cost curves Relation between AC and MC LAC is the envelope of SACs.

4. Market Structure: Perfect Competition (10 hours)
Characteristics of Perfectly Competitive Market Short run and Long-run equilibrium of Perfectly Competitive firm and industry

5. Market Structure: Imperfect Competition (10 hours)
Concept and Characteristics of Monopoly Market Degree of Monopoly Power Monopolistic competition and Oligopoly - Features and example

6. Theory of Distribution (15 hours)
(i) Marginal Productivity Theory of Distribution
(ii) Rent: ( a) Ricardian Theory , (b) Modern Theory , (c) Quasi- Rent.
(iii) Wage: Marginal Productivity Theory of Wages Role of Trade Union in Wage Determination under Competitive Set up.
(iv) Interest: Real and Monetary Interest Rate Lonable Fund Theory of Interest Rate Liquidity Theory of Interest Rate.
(v) Profit: Gross Profit and Net Profit Difference between Profit and Other Factor Incomes (concepts only)

Suggested Readings:

1. Lipsey, R.G An Introduction to Positive Economics. Widenfeld and Nicholson, London.
2. Ahuja, H.L Advanced Economic Theory.
3. Stonier Hague Economics
4. Mukherjee, Debes Essentials of Micro and Macroeconomics
New Central Book Agency ( P) Ltd.
5. Dewett, K.K Modern Economic Theory

Syllabus B.A. Economics WBSU (West Bengal State University)
wbsubregistration.org/syllabus/economics-general-cbcs-draft-syllabus.pdf

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in