2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

13th May 2015, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

VTU CSE 3rd Semester Syllabus

I have given examinations of B.Tech 2nd Semester Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) of Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU). Now I am waiting for result. I want to see the syllabus of 3rd Semester of B.Tech CSE Program to collect all study material for the whole semester. So can I get the study material from the official website of VTU?
Similar Threads
Thread
Syllabus for First Semester Diploma
Diploma 1st Semester Mathematics Syllabus
MCA 1st Semester Syllabus
MBA IIND Semester Syllabus
MBA second semester syllabus
TDC Semester Syllabus Dibrugarh University
MBA III Semester Syllabus Pune University
MBA III Semester Syllabus
RTU Second Semester Syllabus
Anna University IT Syllabus First Semester
GNDU Syllabus BA 2nd Semester
IIT Madras First Semester Syllabus
BPUT Second Semester Syllabus
BPUT 3rd Semester Syllabus EEE
syllabus for b.sc statistic first semester
Syllabus 6th Semester for BMS
M Sc Biotechnology Syllabus 4th Semester
VTU BE Syllabus 7th semester
WBUT IT Syllabus 3rd Semester
12th July 2018, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

Re: VTU CSE 3rd Semester Syllabus

Hello sir, Im engineering student of Visvesvaraya Technological University. I want CSE 3rd semester syllabus. Is there any one can provide me Visvesvaraya Technological University CSE 3rd semester syllabus?
12th July 2018, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

Re: VTU CSE 3rd Semester Syllabus

The Visvesvaraya Technological University is a collegiate public state university in Karnataka State, India. It was established by the Government of Karnataka.

VTU BE Third (3rd) Sem Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) Scheme gives you information about Computer Science & Engineering/Information Science & Engineering syllabus.

Complete syllabus for Electrical and Electronics Engineering third sem and consist of subjects like Engineering Mathematics, Analog and Digital Electronics, and Computer Organization subjects.

Visvesvaraya Technological University CSE 3rd semester syllabus:

ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS III
Subject Code : 10MAT31 IA Marks : 25
Hours/Week : 04 Exams Hours : 03
Total Hours : 52 Exam Marks : 100
PART-A

Unit-I: FOURIER SERIES
Convergence and divergence of infinite series of positive terms, definition and illustrative examples
Periodic functions, Dirichlets conditions, Fourier series of periodic functions of period and arbitrary period, half range
Fourier series. Complex form of Fourier Series. Practical harmonic analysis.

Unit-II: FOURIER TRANSFORMS
Infinite Fourier transform, Fourier Sine and Cosine transforms, properties, Inverse transforms

Unit-III: APPLICATIONS OF PDE
Various possible solutions of one dimensional wave and heat equations, two dimensional Laplaces equation by the
method of separation of variables, Solution of all these equations with specified boundary conditions. DAlemberts
solution of one dimensional wave equation.

Unit-IV: CURVE FITTING AND OPTIMIZATION
Curve fitting by the method of least squares- Fitting of curves of the form
y = ax + b, y = ax2 + bx + c, y = aebx, y = axb
Optimization: Linear programming, mathematical formulation of linear programming problem (LPP), Graphical method and simplex
method.

PART-B
Unit-V: NUMERICAL METHODS 1
Numerical Solution of algebraic and transcendental equations: Regula-falsi method, Newton Raphson method.
Iterative methods of solution of a system of equations: Gauss-seidel and Relaxation methods. Largest eigen value and
the corresponding eigen vector by Rayleighs power method.

Unit-VI: NUMERICAL METHODS 2
Finite differences: Forward and backward differences, Newtons forward and backward interpolation formulae.
Divided differences Newtons divided difference formula, Lagranges interpolation formula and inverse interpolation
formula. Numerical integration: Simpsons one-third, three-eighth and Weddles rules (All formulae/rules without proof)

Unit-VII: NUMERICAL METHODS 3
Numerical solutions of PDE finite difference approximation to derivatives, Numerical solution of two dimensional
Laplaces equation, one dimensional heat and wave equations

Unit-VIIIFFERENCE EQUATIONS AND Z-TRANSFORMS
Difference equations: Basic definition; Z-transforms definition, standard Z-transforms, damping rule, shifting rule,
initial value and final value theorems. Inverse Z-transform. Application of Z-transforms to solve difference equations.

Note: In the case of illustrative examples, questions are not to be set.

Text Books:
1. B.S. Grewal, Higher Engineering Mathematics, Latest edition, Khanna Publishers
2. Erwin Kreyszig, Advanced Engineering Mathematics, Latest edition, Wiley Publications

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in