2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

22nd June 2015, 09:09 AM
Unregistered

Volumetric analysis IIT JEE

hey, I want to know about the Volumetric Analysis concept through the Study Material for The Indian Institutes of Technology Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE). so will you please give me the link to download the Study Material of The Indian Institutes of Technology Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE) for understanding the concept of the Volumetric Analysis?
Similar Threads
Thread
Analysis Of IBPS PO 3
CLAT Analysis
JEE Advanced Analysis
Analysis Of JEE Advanced
SRM Analysis
MBA Quantitative Analysis
Mah CET Analysis
Break even analysis MBA
MBA Analysis
SBI Clerk Analysis
MAH CET Result Analysis
JMET analysis
GRE data analysis
CVP Analysis MBA Project
MBA pestle analysis
Abc analysis MBA
MBA ppt on ratio analysis
CDS Exam Analysis
MBA in Business Analysis
IIT Madras Sem Analysis
12th July 2018, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

Re: Volumetric analysis IIT JEE

Hello sir, Im preparing for IIT JEE exam. I want notes for Volumetric analysis. Is there any one can provide me Volumetric analysis IIT JEE notes?
12th July 2018, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

In IIT JEE study the Volumetric analysis deals with the determination of the strength of an unknown solution by another solution of known strength.

Titrations are of various types viz., acid base titration (neutralisation reaction), redox-titration, iodometric titrations, iodiometric titrations, precipitation reaction etc.

Law of equivalence:
It is applied in all volumetric estimations. According to it, the chemical substances react in the ratio of their chemical equivalent masses.

Mass of substance A/Mass of substance B
=
Chemical equivalent mass of A/Chemical equivalent mass of B

or Mass of substance A/Chemical equivalent mass of A=
Mass of substance B/Chemical equivalent mass of B

Volumetric analysis IIT JEE notes:
krishikosh.egranth.ac.in/bitstream/1/2025853/1/BPT9855.pdf

Method of Expressing Concentration of Solution

Molarity (M): The molarity of a solution is the number of moles of solute present in one litre (1 dm3) of the solution

Normaltiy (N): The normality is the number of equivalents of solute present in one litre (1 dm3) of the solution

The molality (m): The molality is the number of moles of solute present in one Kg of solvent

Relation between molarity and molality

Relation between molarity and normaltiy

Table of Content:
Simple Titrations

Acid- Base Titrations

Redox Titrations

Precipitation Titrations

Complexometric Titrations

Back Titration

Double Titrations

Related Resources
16th July 2018, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

Hi buddy here I am looking for JEE Main & Advanced Chemistry Analytical Chemistry Volumetric Analysis material so will you plz let me know about the same here ???
16th July 2018, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

IIT JEE conducted by Its for admission to the undergraduate courses leading to a UG, Integrated PG or UG-PG Dual Degree. These courses are offered in the field of Engineering, Architecture, Sciences or Pharmaceutics.

Volumetric analysis is a quantitative analysis. It involves the measurement of the volume of a known solution required to bring about the completion of the reaction with a measured volume of the unknown solution.

Titration : The process of addition of the known solution from the burette to the measured volume of solution of the substance to be estimated until the reaction between the two is just complete, is termed as titration. Thus, a titration involves two solutions;

(i) Unknown solution : The solution consisting the substance to be estimated is termed unknown solution. The substance is termed titrate.

(ii) Standard solution : The solution in which an accurately known amount of the reagent (titrant) has been dissolved in a known volume of the solution is termed standard solution. There are two types of reagents (titrants) .

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in