2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

1st June 2018, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

Re: VLSI Previous Question Papers PTU

My sister wants question paper of VLSI Design and Technology Subject of B.Tech 7th Semester Program of Punjab Technical University (PTU). She said me to download it but I don’t know from where I can get it. So will you help me to download question paper of VLSI Design and Technology Subject of B.Tech 7th Semester Program of Punjab Technical University (PTU)?
1st June 2018, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Re: VLSI Previous Question Papers PTU

As you want to download question paper of VLSI Design and Technology Subject of B.Tech 7th Semester Program of Punjab Technical University (PTU), so here I am providing question paper:

Punjab Technical University (PTU) B.Tech 7th Semester VLSI Design and Technology Question Paper:

SECTION-A

1. Write briefly :
a) Define sensitivity list in a process statement giving example of Half Adder.
b) Differentiate between sequential and combinational circuits giving two examples of each.
c) List the basic components of a micro computer with the help of a neat sketch.
d) Explain the difference between concurrent and sequential programming in VHDL.
e) What is Subprogram? Discuss the types of subprograms available in VHDL.
f) Give any two points of differences between Signal and Variable class.
g) Write a VHDL program to implement EX-OR gate using CASE statement.
h) What is Package? How it is significant in VHDL?
i) Differentiate between PROM and PAL.
j) Implement the given function using basic gates and write its VHDL code:
F(A,B,C,D) = Sm (0,1,2,3,11,12,14,15)

SECTION-B
2. Write a short note on CPLD. How are they different from FPGA?
3. Explain the inertial delay and transport delay in behavioral modeling. Also, give the delay model for each of these.
4. Design a logic circuit that controls the passage of a signal A according to the following requirements :
a) Output will equal A when control inputs B and C are the same.
b) X will remain HIGH when B and C are different.
Implement the design using dataflow style of VHDL Modeling.
5. Write VHDL code for the 3-bit Asynchronous up counter. Use T Flip-Flops in your design.
6. Design a simple Microcomputer that performs arithmetic and logical operations on bit vectors. Implement using VHDL.

SECTION-C
7. Write briefly :
a) Design a 4 bit Binary to gray code converter.
b) Write its Gate level VHDL code using structural style of modeling.
8. Write briefly :
a) With a neat block diagram, explain PLA.
b) Implement the functions, f1(x,y,z) = Sm(1,2,3,7) and f2(x,y,z) = Sm(0,1,2,6) using PLA.
9. Using the example of full adder, Compare and contrast the dataflow, behavioral and structural style of modeling in VHDL.

Punjab Technical University (PTU) B.Tech 7th Semester VLSI Design and Technology Question Paper:

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in