2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

30th April 2015, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

Vision for AFCAT

I am preparing for the AFCAT exam to join the Air Force want to know about the Vision should be there for this exam. Can you please tell me the details of Eye power required for AFCAT Ground duty officer? Also tell me the other eligibility criteria to join as a Ground duty officer?
Similar Threads
Thread
IIM Rohtak Vision
Vision Of IAF
BPCL Vision
Vision and Mission of SBI
Vision day DTU
IIM Lucknow Vision
Vision VTU
IIT Bombay Vision
HPCL Vision
IFFCO Vision
Vision Of BPCL
Mission And Vision Of RTU
NDA Vision
Vision IIT Hyderabad
Satellite Vision
MBA Vision Statement
Vision JIPMER
MBA Vision
Vision Standards for NDA
Vision Eye Institute
13th May 2018, 08:26 AM
Unregistered

Re: Vision for AFCAT

I want to join Air Force and for this planning to apply for the Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT). Will you tell what the Vision for AFCAT Exam along with details about AFCAT Selection Process also provide all important dates related to this exam so I can apply on time?
13th May 2018, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Vision for AFCAT

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test. It is popularly referred to as the Indian Air Force Exam.

AFCAT is a national level competitive exam conducted by the Indian Air Force (IAF) to select officers for all its branches, except for the medical and dental branches.

Vision:

(a) Minimum Visual Acuity 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other, correctable to 6/6 only for hypermetropia.
(b) Manifest Myopia Nil.
(c) LASIK Surgery for correction of vision is admissible in Transport and Helicopter streams of Short Service Commission (Flying Branch) if the following conditions are fulfilled at the time of Air Force medical examination:-
(i) LASIK Surgery should not have been carried out before the age of 20 years.
(ii) The axial length of the eye should not be more than 25.5 mm as measured by IOL master.
(iii) At least twelve months should have lapsed post uncomplicated stable LASIK. No history or evidence of any complication.
(iv) The post LASIK corneal thickness as measured by a corneal pachymeter should not be less than 450 microns.
(v) Individuals with high refractive errors (>6D) prior to LASIK are to be excluded. Candidates must not suffer from colour or night blindness.

AFCAT Selection Process

AFCAT selection process involves following steps :

Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) and Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT - only for Technical branch).
AFSB Interview
Screening test
Psychological test, Group test, Medical Test and Interview
CPSS (Computerized Pilot Selection System) and/ or PABT only for Flying branch

Exam dates:

The AFCAT 2018 exam is held twice a year in the months of February and August.

AFCAT 1 2018 will be held on the 25th Feb 2018.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in