2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th January 2017, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Vikrama Simhapuri University Bed Syllabus

Vikrama Simhapuri University is a public state university located in the Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh, India.

B.Ed syllabus for the Vikrama Simhapuri University

II. SYLLABUS OF DIFFERENT COURSES Course-I PHILOSOPHICAL FOUNDATIONS OF EDUCATION Objectives After completion of the course, the student-teacher will be able to 1. understand the concepts of Education and Philosophy 2. understand the Indian Philosophical thought on Education 3. understand the Implications of various western schools of thought on Education 4. understand the implications made by recent thinkers on education. 5. appreciate the nobility of teaching as a profession. 6. understand the need and importance of values and their role in making anindividual a humane.

Course Content Unit-1:
Introduction to Philosophy and Education 1.1 Concept and Scope of Philosophy 1.2 Concept and Scope of Education 1.3 Types and Functions of Education 1.4 Relationship between Philosophy and Education. 1.5 Philosophy and aims of Education

Unit-2:
Indian Education: Historical Perspective 2.1 Education during Ancient Period (Vedic Education, Buddhist Education and Jains) 2.2 Education during Medieval Period (Including Islamic Education) 2.3 Education during Modern Period (Pre-Independent and Post Independent era) i. Rabindranath Tagore ii.Sri Aurobindo Gosh iii. Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi iv. Jiddu Krishna Murthy v. Dr.BR.Ambeddkar vi Moulana Abdul Kalam Azad Unit-3: Eastern Systems and Western Schools of Philosophy 3.1 Eastern Systems of Philosophy i. Sankhya ii. Yoga iii. Nyaya iv. Vedanta 3.2 Western Schools of Philosophy i. Idealism ii. Naturalism iii. Pragmatism iv. Existentialism Unit-4: Value Education 4.1 Concept of Value 4.2 Classification of Values 4.3 Value Crisis 4.4 Approaches to inculcate Values 4.5 Values and Harmonious Life Unit-5: Teaching as a Profession 5.1 Teacher: Professional Competencies and Commitments. 5.2 Teacher as a Nation Builder 5.3 Teacher as a Creator and Facilitator of Knowledge 5.4 Professional ethics of teachers 5.5 Teacher and the Future Society

Address:

Vikrama Simhapuri University

Dargamitta, Nellore,

Andhra Pradesh 524003

Phone: 0861 235 2377

[MAP]Vikrama Simhapuri University Andhra Pradesh 524003[/MAP]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf B.Ed syllabus for the Vikrama Simhapuri University.pdf (4.43 MB, 510 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in