2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

21st January 2020, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

Re: Uttarakhand Technical University B.Tech question papers

Can you provide me the syllabus for B. Tech 1st Year (Common to All B. Tech Courses) of Uttrakhand Technical University, Dehradun on which the question paper is based?
21st January 2020, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Uttarakhand Technical University B.Tech question papers

The syllabus for B. Tech 1st Year (Common to All B. Tech Courses) of Uttrakhand Technical University, Dehradun is as follows:

MATHEMATICS –I (TMA101)

UNIT-1
Matrices 10L
Elementary row and column transformations Rank of matrix, linear dependence, Consistency of linear system of equations, Characteristic equation, Cayley-Hamilton theorem, Eigen values and Eigen vectors, Diagonalization, Complex and unitary matrices.

UNIT-2
Differential Calculus-I 9L
Leibnitz theorem, Partial Differentiation, Euler’s theorem, Change of variables, Expansion of functions of several variables.

UNIT-3
Differential Calculus-II 9L
Jacobian, Approximations and errors, Extrema of functions of several variables, Lagrange method of Multipliers

UNIT-4
Multiple Integrals 6L
Double and triple integrals, Change of order, Change of variables, beta and gamma functions,
Application to area, volume, Drichlet integral and applications Vector Calculus 6L Point functions, Gradient, divergence and curl of a vector and their physical interpretation, Line, surface and volume integrals, Green, Stokes and Gauss divergence theorem.

References:
• A Text book of Engineering Mathematics (Vol.1) by Peter V. O’ Neil, Cengage Learning.
• Shanti Narayan: A Text Book of Matrices, S. Chand & Company.
• C. Prasad: Mathematics for Engineers, Prasad Mudralaya.
• E. Kreyszig: Advanced Engineering Mathematics, Wiley Eastern Publications.
• B. S. Grewal: higher Engineering Mathematics, Khanna Publications.
• N. Piskunov: Differential & Integral Calculus, Moscow Peace Publications.

Syllabus B. Tech 1st Year Uttrakhandtechnical University, Dehradun

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in