2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

26th June 2016, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Utkal University Bsc Syllabus

Hi buddy I want to do B.Sc. PHYSICS (PASS) course from Utkal university, so would you plz provide me its syllabus to compare with other universities ??

Utkal University, Bhubaneswar is the seventeenth oldest University in India that was established in 1943,

As you want to do B.Sc. PHYSICS (PASS) course and looking for its syllabus , so on your demand I am providing same ;

UNIT-I Vectors: Vector algebra. Scalar and vector products. Derivatives of a vector with respect to a parameter. (2 Lectures) Ordinary Differential Equations: 1st order homogeneous differential equations. 2nd order homogeneous differential equations with constant coefficients. (2 Lectures) Laws of Motion: Frames of reference. Newton’s Laws of motion. Dynamics of a system of particles. Centre of Mass. (4 Lectures) Momentum and Energy: Conservation of momentum. Work and energy. Conservation of energy. Motion of rockets. (2 Lectures) Rotational Motion: Angular velocity and angular momentum. Torque. Conservation of angular momentum. (3 Lectures) Gravitation: Newton’s Law of Gravitation. Motion of a particle in a central force field (motion is in a plane, angular momentum is conserved, areal velocity is constant). Kepler’s Laws (statement only). Satellite in circular orbit and applications. Geosynchronous orbits. Basic idea of global positioning system (GPS). Weightlessness. Physiological effects on astronauts. (7Lectures)

UNIT-II Oscillations: Simple harmonic motion. Differential equation of SHM and its solutions. Kinetic and Potential Energy, Total Energy and their time averages. Damped oscillations. (6 Lectures) Elasticity: Hooke’s law - Stress-strain diagram - Elastic moduli-Relation between elastic constants - Poisson’s Ratio-Expression for Poisson’s ratio in terms of elastic constants - Work done in stretching and work done in twisting a wire - Twisting couple on a cylinder - Determination of Rigidity modulus by static torsion - Torsional pendulum-Determination of Rigidity modulus and moment of inertia - q, η and σ by Searles method. (8 Lectures) Special Theory of Relativity: Constancy of speed of light. Postulates of Special Theory of Relativity. Length contraction. Time dilation. Relativistic addition of velocitie

Utkal University B.Sc. PHYSICS (PASS) course syllabus

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Utkal University B.Sc. PHYSICS (PASS) course syllabus.pdf (505.7 KB, 549 views)

Last edited by sumit; 8th February 2020 at 06:43 PM.