2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

10th August 2012, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Utkal University Admission MPHIL

You want to take admission in Master of Philosophy at Utkal University.
M.Phil Admission in UTKAL University:

Eigibilities:
You would have 50% Marks at Master's Degree.

Full Time Course:- Full time M.Phil course shall be 12 months
22nd August 2012, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

What is the Admission time of m.phil & may i admit here at now?
2nd December 2019, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

Can you tell me about the Eligibility requirement for Admission in to M. Phil Programmes Utkal University? Also tell me about the selection for tehProgram?
2nd December 2019, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

The Eligibility requirements for Admission in to M. Phil Programmes Utkal University are as follows:

One must have a consistently good academic career with not less than 55% marks or equivalent grade at Master’s level in the concerned subject for general candidates and 50% marks for SC/ST and PWD candidates.

M. Phil is a full-time course and as such a candidate who is employed cannot be admitted or allowed to continue in the programme unless one has been duly relieved and produces proof to the effect.

One with criminal antecedents involving moral immorality is not admitted to any M.Phil Programme. Suppression of facts in this regard shall make one ineligible and admission of such candidates will be cancelled.

Selection Procedure

a) Admission will be made on the basis of career cum-written test and viva-voce, i.e., 40% career + 40% written test + 20% viva-voce.

b) Written test will be a qualifying test. The qualifying marks of the written test will be decided by the respective Teachers’ Council subject to not less than 35% of total marks in the written test.

c) One, qualified in the National level tests like UGC-NET, GATE, SLET, ICPR, ICSSR, ICHR, et cetera are exempted from the written test.

d) Detail of career marking out of 40
1st Div 2nd Div 3rd Di / Pass
/ Compartment

High School or equivalent 04 03 2
+2 or equivalent 06 04 3
+3 Degree (Honours) 10 06 --
+3 Degree (Pass) -- -- 4
Distinction (as per UU regulation) 02 02 2
P.G. degree 18 13 --

Except for inter-disciplinary subjects, marks are to be awarded only when the Honours is in relevant/allied subjects. For M.Phil admission in Anthropology, one having M.A. / M.Sc. degree in Anthropology will be treated at par while awarding career marks in Honours subjects as cited for P.G. admission.

e) The merit list will be prepared on the basis of mark secured in viva-voce and career.

f) Career means performance in H.S.C., +2, +3 and P.G. exams in relevant subjects

g) While calculating the fraction 0.5 or above will be rounded to next nearest higher integer.

h) The list of selected candidates will be notified in the website and notice board of the respective departments.

i) Career marks for Distinction will be awarded only if such a candidate has secured Distinction in the combined result.

j) Credit for Honours in any equivalent Degree Examination will be given only when specifically mentioned in the certificate, mark sheets.

Tags
admission

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in