Re: UPSC Interview Experiences

I am sharing interview experiences of UPSC topper which are following:

Name Neeraj Kumar Singh
Roll number 240550
Rank (CSE 2011) 11
Optional Subjects Economics, Public Administration
Medium for Mains Exam English
Mains Examination Centre New Delhi

Q. When and how did the inspiration and idea of joining civil service come in your mind?
I zeroed on civil services as a career option in 2009 after a lot of deliberation. During my undergrad days I was a part of National Service Scheme. The projects there interested me and also got an experience of some of the lacunae in public policy implementation. Further, discussions on developmental issues in classrooms and with friends also made me interested in taking up a career in public policy implementation.

The Choice of Optional Subjects

Q7. After a person decides to appear in civil service exam, the first big obstacle is “Choice of optional subjects”. What factors did you consider before selecting your optional?

Choice of subjects should be based on interest and availability of guidance. For me, Economics was a natural choice as I was pursuing my post-graduation in it. The subject interested me and I was willing to put in the hard-work to crack the exam with Economics as an option. For my second option, I looked through the probable options and considered taking either Public Administration or Political Science. I had done few courses in Political Science during my undergrad studies and quite liked the subject. But when I read the syllabus of Pub Ad and saw a couple of ARC reports I felt inclined to take this subject. Since I hadn’t earlier studied theories of administration and organization I thought there will be a lot of new things I could learn by taking this subject. Hence, I chose Pub Ad as my second option.

Rest of information is available in file which I am uploading for you. This file is free for you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC Topper Interview Experience.pdf (20.3 KB, 119 views)

Tags
upsc

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in