2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

26th April 2013, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Re: UPSC IES Notification

Here I am giving you information about the IES examination organized by the UPSC ..

Important dates for IES exam :
Date of notification : 17.08.2013
Last Date For Receipt Of Applications : 16.09.2013 (Monday)
Date of exam : 09.11.2013 (SATURDAY)
Duration : 3 DAYS

So now the notification is not published on its official website whenever it will be published I am updating It on our website ..

Now I am giving you exam pattern of IES exam:

The entrance for Indian Engineering Service comprises of a Written Exam (section I and II) and an Interview.

One Engineering Discipline should be chosen from the following categories:
Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
The written examination will comprise two sections:
Section I - objective types questions
Section II – conventional (essay) type questions papers.

Interview
Interview for Personality test: 200marks

UPSC - IES Syllabus - Civil Engineering Paper I:
BUILDING MATERIALS

Timber : Different types and species of structural timber, density-moisture relationship, strength in different directions, defects, influence of defects on permissible stress, preservation, dry and wet rots, codal provisions for design, Plywood.

Bricks : Types, Indian Standard classification, absorption, saturation factor, strength in masonry, influence of morter strength on masonry strength.

Cement : Compounds of, different types, setting times, strength.

Cement Mortar : Ingredients, proportions, water demand, mortars for plastering and masonry.

Concrete : Importance of W/C Ratio, Strength, ingredients including admixtures, workability, testing for strength, elasticity, non-destructive testing, mix design methods.

2. SOLID MECHANICS

Elastic constants, stress, plane stress, Mohr’s circle of stress, strains, plane strain, Mohr’s circle of strain, combined stress; Elastic theories of failure; Simple bending, shear; Torsion of circular and rectangular sections and simple members.

3. STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS

Analysis of determinate structures - different methods including graphical methods.

Analysis of indeterminate skeletal frames - moment distribution, slope-deflection, stiffness and force methods, energy methods, Muller-Breslau principle and application.

Plastic analysis of indeterminate beams and simple frames - shape factors.

4. DESIGN OF STEEL STRUCTURES

Principles of working stress method. Design of connections, simple members, Built-up sections and frames, Design of Industrial roofs. Principles of ultimate load design. Design of simple members and frames.

5. DESIGN OF CONCRETE AND MASONRY STRUCTURES

Limit state design for bending, shear, axial compression and combined forces. Codal provisions for slabs, beams, walls and footings. Working stress method of design of R.C. members.

Principles of prestressed concrete design, materials, methods of prestressing, losses. Design of simple members and determinate structures. Introductions to prestressing of indeterminate structures.

Design of brick masonry as per I.S. Codes.

6. CONSTRUCTION PRACTICE, PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT

Concreting Equipment:
Weight Batcher, Mixer, vibrator, batching plant, concrete pump.
Cranes, hoists, lifting equipment.
Earthwork Equipment :
Power shovel, hoe, dozer, dumper, trailers and tractor, rollers, sheep foot rollers, pumps.
Construction, Planning and Management :
Bar chart, linked bar chart, work-break down structures, Activity - on - arrow diagrams. Critical path, probabilistic activity durations; Event-based networks.

PERT network: Time-cost study, crashing; Resource allocation.

For more syllabus I am attaching a word file with it ..
Attached Files
File Type: doc UPSC IES exam syllabus.doc (41.0 KB, 93 views)
15th May 2015, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

I want to appear in IES Exam conducted by UPSC. So I am looking for notification of IES Exam. So will you provide me IES Exam notification?
15th May 2015, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

As you want to get IES Exam notification conducted by UPSC, so I am providing you the exam notification.

Important Dates for IES Exam
DATE OF NOTIFICATION

LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS
10.04.2015 (FRIDAY)

DATE OF COMMENCEMENT OF EXAM
12.06.2015 (FRIDAY)

DURATION OF EXAM
3 DAYS

ELIGIBILITY
Nationality: Indian

Age Limits: 21 to 30 Years

Educational Qualification:
Minimum have a Bachelor Degree in Engineering.

IES Exam Notification 2015

Tags
upsc

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in