2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th December 2014, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Re: UPSC exam tips

Ok, as you want the preparation tips of UPSC exam so here I am providing you but follow theses tips strictly if you want to score well.

UPSC exam tips

Prepare out short notes of important topics with relevant points.

Use flash-cards to remember definitions

Current affairs are very important so it is necessary to stay updated with Newspapers, magazines and the internet

Be +ve and Do not loose your confidence.

Solve puzzles to help with logical thinking

Take a good sleep and healthy diet, it is most important for your brilliant performance.

Here I am providing you the syllabus of UPSC exam.

UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam Syllabus

Civil Services Preliminary exam comprises of two compulsory papers of 200 marks each. The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type. The marks in prelims will not be counted for final ranking, but just for qualification for main exam.
UPSC Syllabus for Paper I – (200 marks) Duration : Two hours

Current events of national and international importance.
History of India and Indian National Movement.
Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
Economic and Social Development Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
General Science.

UPSC Syllabus for Paper II- (200 marks) Duration: Two hours

Comprehension.
Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
Decision-making and problem-solving.
General mental ability.
Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level).
English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).

Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level (last item in the Syllabus of PaperII) will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.

Contact details

Union Public Service Commision
New Delhi, Delhi (state) ‎

Map location

[MAP]https://www.google.co.in/maps?q=Union+Public+Service+Commission&hl=en&sll=2 2.500841,88.371449&sspn=0.010328,0.01869&hq=Union+ Public+Service+Commission&radius=15000&t=m&z=13 [/MAP]
11th February 2016, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir I want some tips for UPSC exam so here can you please give me some tips so I can prepare well ?
11th February 2016, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Hey as The Civil Services Examination (CSE) is a nationwide competitive examination in India conducted by the Union Public Service Commission

Here I am giving you some UPSC exam tips

Good Sleep or Power Naps

Avoid last minute stress and relax your mind. Take a good sleep of 7 to 8 hours to freshen up the mind and enable it to work optimally

Note Making

Applicants should make notes of all the major current events for mugging up at the last minute.

Revision

Applicants should revise the important things they have studied, in order to develop a deep insight and clarity

Be confident

Confidence is the driving force to success

Presence of mind

Common sense and presence of mind would improve your prospects in preliminary examination

Handwritten notes

To remember the points better, one should always write it down themselves.

Concentration

Concentrate on the questions and get the answers right

Strategise

Schedule your priority according to your interest and capacity. For instance, if you are good at numerical, try to solve all the numerical at the first go, leaving aside the history questions you are not sure of

Tags
upsc

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in