2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th September 2018, 08:42 AM
Unregistered

Re: UPSC Exam All Details

Hello sir, Im preparing for UPSC exam. I want all exam details. Is there any one can provide me UPSC Exam All Details?
4th September 2018, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

Re: UPSC Exam All Details

The Union Public Service Commission is Indias central agency. The UPSC is conducts various exams such as, Civil Services Exam, IFS, NDA, CDS, SCRA etc.

Civil services examination is IAS exam and includes almost 24 services like IFS, IPS, IRS, IRPS and so on.

Civil Services exam is one the most reputed and tough to crack exams in India.

Eligibility

For the IAS, IFS & IPS, a candidate must be a citizen of India.
For the IRS and other services, a candidate must be one of the following:
A citizen of India
a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India

Age Limit

A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years

For OBC the upper age limit is 35, and for SC and ST the limit is 37 years.

Numbers of attempts for UPSC Exam
General category candidates: 4
OBC category candidates = 7
SC/ST Candidates = unlimited

Stages in UPSC exam:

Stage I A preliminary examination or CSAT (Objective Section) consisting of two objective-type papers (general studies and aptitude test).
Stage II A main examination is subjective section, consisting of nine papers of conventional (essay)

Civil Services New Mains Format:

Paper Subject Marks
Paper A (One of the Indian languages listed below, to be selected by the candidate (from the languages listed in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution of India) (Qualifying) 300
Paper B English (Qualifying) 300
Paper I Essay 250
Paper II General Studies I (Indian heritage and culture, history and geography of the world and society) 250
Paper III General Studies II (Governance, constitution, polity, social justice and international relations) 250
Paper IV General Studies III (Technology, economic development, bio-diversity, environment, security and disaster management) 250
Paper V General Studies IV(ethics, integrity and aptitude) 250
Papers VI, VII Two papers on subjects to be selected by the candidate from the list of optional subjects below (250 marks for each paper) 500
Sub Total (Written Test) 1750
Personality Test (Interview) 275
Total Marks 2025

Tags
age limit, upsc

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in