2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

9th December 2014, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Re: UPSC Exam after 12th

You are not eligible for UPSC CDS exam after 12th the minimum required qualification for this exam is graduation so first you have to complete graduation. Here I am giving you details about eligibility criteria for UPSC CDS.

Eligibility Criteria:

Nationality:
A Candidate must either be:
(i) a Citizen of India, or
(ii) a subject of Bhutan, or
(iii) a subject of Nepal, or
(iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st July, 1962 with the intention of permanently setting in India, or
(v) a person of India origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt of India

Certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal

Age limits:
i) For Indian Military Academy (IMA):
Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd January 1992 and not later than 1st January 1997 only are eligible

ii) For Indian Naval Academy (INA):
Unmarried Male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January 1992 and not later than 01st January 1997 only are eligible

iii) For Air Force Academy (AFA):
20 to 24 years as on 01st January 2016 i.e. born not earlier than 02nd January 1992 and not later than 01 January 1996 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 02nd January 1990 and not later than 01st January 1996) only are eligible

iv) For Officers Training Academy (SSC Course for Men):
Male candidates (married or unmarried) born not earlier than 02nd January 1991 and not later than 01st January 1997 only are eligible

v) For Officer Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course):
Unmarried Women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorces (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible

Educational Qualification:
i) For Indian Military Academy/Officers’ Training Academy: Degree from a recognized university or equivalent

ii) For Indian Naval Academy: Bachelor of Engineering

iii) For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering

Graduates with first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificate on the date of commencement of the SSB interview at the SSB

For CDS exam, applicants can be from any stream but for entry to Air Force and Navy, candidates should have studied physics and maths up to Class 12

Physical Standards:
Candidates should be physically fit as per the physical standards for admission to the Combined Defense Services Examination

Tags
upsc

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in