2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

12th November 2014, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

Re: UPSC EEE Branch Papers

For B. Tech candidates UPSC conduct IES (Indian Engineering Services) Exam for selection of candidates on IES post.

Here I am giving you Electrical Engineering’ s previous years Question Papers for UPSC IES Exam.

1) The impedance Z offered by transmission line for a travelling wave which damps out the low frequency oscillation rapidly is also called
A) Surge impedance
B) Natural impedance
C) Both surge and natural impedances
D) Neither surge nor natural impedance

2) In a coaxial transmission line, the useful power flows through
A) the interface of the two conductors
B) both inner and outer conductors
C) inner conductor
D) outer conductor

3 For a line to have a purely resistive characteristic impedance where R and G are resistance and conductance per unit length respectively and L and C are inductance and capacitance per unit length respectively.
A) C/G =R/L
B) ωL = 1 /ωC
C) R = G
D) GL = RC

4) semiconductor device made out of a material having very high temperature coefficient of resistance is
A) Transistor
B) Varistor
C) Thyristor
D) Thermistor

5) The electrical conductivity of a semiconductor increases with increase in temperature because
A) the carrier concentration increases
B) the mobility of carrier increases
C) both carrier concentration and mobility increase
D) the band gap decreases

6 Which of the following are associated with soft superconductors
1) Silsbee's rule
2) Meissner effect
3) Faraday rotation
4) Curie-Weiss law

A) 2,3 and 4
B) 1 and 3 only
C) 1 and 2 only
D) 2 and 3 only

7) In a two-channel oscilloscope operating in x-y mode, two in-phase 50 Hz sinusoidal waveforms of equal amplitude are fed to the two channels. What will be the resultant pattern on the screen
A) An ellipse
B) A parabola
C) Straight line inclined at 45° with respect to x-axis
D) A circle

8) Materials, whose resistivity at very low temperatures plunges from a finite value to zero and remains there upon further cooling, are known as
A) Ferromagnetic materials
B) High-energy hard magnetic materials
C) Superconductors
D) Ferrimagnetic materials

9) In a superconductor, if the temperature is decreased below its critical temperature, the value of critical magnetic field will
A) increase
B) decrease
C) Not change
D) Increase or decrease depending on the superconductor material

10 The imaginary part of dielectric constant determines
A) Component of current which is in phase with the applied field
B) Component of energy absorbed per m3
C) Amount of applied field
D) Component of voltage which is in phase with the applied field

Some detailed previous years question papers of UPSC EEE branch
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC EEE Paper 1.pdf (5.16 MB, 103 views)
File Type: pdf UPSC EEE Paper 2.pdf (621.5 KB, 79 views)
25th March 2015, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, I am preparing for the exam of UPSC Electrical Engineering. I am looking for the previous papers. Can you provide it for me?
25th March 2015, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts Engineering Services Examination for recruitment to the services or posts of Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.

The exam is conducted for selection engineers for Government of India's engineering organizations, such as Indian Railway Service of Engineers (IRSE), Central Engineering Service (CES), Military Engineering Services (MES), etc.

Eligibility
Age Eligibility: You need to be between 21 years to 30 years as on 1st January of the exam year. Age relaxations exist as per the government rules.

Academic Qualification Eligibility: You must be a graduate in Engineering from a recognized university. Final year students can also appear in this exam.

Exam Pattern:
The written exam comprises of 2 sections.
Section I consists of only objective type questions.
Section II comprises conventional papers. Both the papers cover entire syllabus of the relevant engineering disciplines. If you qualify the written examination, personality test of 200 marks is conducted.

Here I am the giving you question paper of Electrical & Electronics Engineering of UPSc of the year of 2012.

Here is the attachment……….

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Electrical Engineering of 2012[Paper I].PDF (186.8 KB, 69 views)
File Type: pdf Electrical Engineering of 2012[Paper II].PDF (237.9 KB, 65 views)

Tags
upsc

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in