2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

27th November 2015, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

Re: University of Mumbai TYBA economics syllabus

Hello friend I want the TYBA economics syllabus of University of Mumbai so please provide me the syllabus here?
27th November 2015, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

Hello brother as you ask for the TYBA economics syllabus of University of Mumbai on your demand I am providing to you…….

Section: I
1. Meaning of Development and Relevant Concepts

Distinction between growth and development, human development, Human Development Index, Gender Development Index, Sen‘s capabilities approach, environmental sustainability and development, Market and State as agencies of development

2. Classical Theories of Development
Rostow‘s stages of growth, Harrod-Domar growth model, Structural change and Lewis‘ model of unlimited supplies of labour, Solow‘s growth theory.

3. Contemporary Models of Development and Underdevelopment
Theories of endogenous growth with special reference to Romer‘s model, underdevelopment as coordination failure, multiple equilibria, the big push theory and Lebenstence Theory of Critical Minimum Efforts.

4. Poverty, Inequality and Development
Measurement of poverty – absolute and relative, Head-Count Index and Poverty Gap Indices, policy options for alleviation of poverty, measurement of income inequality, economic growth
and income inequality – Kuznet‘s inverted Hypothesis, impact of in equality on development.

Section: II
5. Population and Human Resources

Demographic transition, cause of high fertility in developing countries – the microeconomic household theory of fertility, consequences of high fertility, approaches to population policy,
contribution of education and health to economic growth and development, role of health in economic development.

6. Urbanization and Informal Sector
Causes and effects of urbanization, Harris-Todaro model of rural-urban migration, migration and development, policies for the urban informal sector, women in the informal sector, the microfinance revolution

7. Agricultural Transformation and Rural Development

Role of Agriculture in economic development, rural credit markets : organized and unorganized, policies for rural development, agriculture and the WTO.

8. International Aspects of Development

Trade strategies for development : inward looking and outward looking, financing of balance of payments deficits, foreign direct investment and multinational corporations, foreign portfolio
investments and developing countries, role of IMF and the World Bank – stabilization and structural adjustment programmes.
25th February 2016, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

Hii Buddy , Here I Need to BA 3rd Year Economics Course Syllabus of University of Mumbai , Would you please Provide me Same for my Help ?
25th February 2016, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

Friend As on your Demanding Here I m Providing BA 3rd Year Economics Course Syllabus of University of Mumbai :

Paper – I (SEMESTER - I)

Micro Economics I : Introduction
Consumers Behaviour and Demand
Production and Cost Analysis

F.Y. B.A . Paper – I (SEMESTER - II)

TOPICS
Micro Economics I: Theory of Firm
Market Structure
Pricing Methods and Capital Budgeting

Paper – I (SEMESTER - I)

Economic Theory (Micro Economics-I)

BA 3rd Year Economics Course Syllabus of University of Mumbai

For Complete BA 3rd Year Economics Course Syllabus of University of Mumbai Here I am Attaching Pdf file you Can Download free of cost :

Contact No :

022 2654 3000

Address :

University Of Mumbai
121, Mahatma Gandhi Rd, Kala Ghoda, Fort Kala Ghoda, Fort Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in