2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th May 2015, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

University of Hyderabad Msc biotechnology

I have completed my B.Sc Biotechnology and want to take admission in the M.Sc Biotechnology in University of Hyderabad? So I am searching for the University Of Hyderabad M.Sc Biotechnology Admission Notification? Please tell me how I can download its Admission Notification?
Similar Threads
Thread
IIT Hyderabad Department of Biotechnology
Biotechnology university of hyderabad
University of Hyderabad Animal Biotechnology
B.Sc Biotechnology And B.Tech biotechnology Which is better
MSc or MBA Biotechnology after Graduation in Biotechnology
Better M.Tech Biotechnology or MBA Biotechnology After B.Sc Biotechnology
Hyderabad University Msc Biotechnology
National Institute of Animal Biotechnology University of Hyderabad
Colleges offering b tech biotechnology in Hyderabad
After Completing B.Sc. in Biotechnology which is Best M.Sc in Biotechnology and Micro
Biotechnology Companies in Delhi for M.Sc Biotechnology Applicants
B.Tech in Biotechnology Colleges Hyderabad
Hyderabad Biotechnology Colleges
Biotechnology Colleges in Hyderabad
Differentiate between B.Sc (Biotechnology) and B.Tech (Biotechnology)
Biotechnology Companies in Jaipur for Biotechnology Research
Course which is better between B.Sc (Biotechnology) or B.Tech (Biotechnology)
After B tech Biotechnology Admission in Mtech biotechnology from abroad
After M.Tech Biotechnology Scope in Biotechnology Field
Should I do Mtech in biotechnology after b. tech in biotechnology?
23rd January 2020, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

Re: University of Hyderabad Msc biotechnology

Can you provide me the syllabus of M.Sc (Master in Science) (General Biotechnology) Program offered by University of Hyderabad?
23rd January 2020, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

Re: University of Hyderabad Msc biotechnology

The syllabus of M.Sc (Master in Science) (General Biotechnology) Program offered by University of Hyderabad is as follows:

SEMESTER I

Unit I
Chemical basis of life; Composition of living matter; Water – properties, pH, ionization and hydrophobicity; Emergent properties of biomolecules in water; Biomolecular hierarchy; Macromolecules; Molecular assemblies; Structure-function relationships
Amino acids – structure and functional group properties; Peptides and covalent structure of proteins; Elucidation of primary and higher order structures; Evolution of protein structure; Structure function relationships in model proteins like ribonuclease A, myoglobin, hemoglobin, chymotrypsin etc.; Tools to characterize expressed proteins.

Unit II
Enzyme catalysis – general principles of catalysis; Quantitation of enzyme activity and efficiency; Enzyme characterization and Michaelis-Menten kinetics; Relevance of enzymes in metabolic regulation, activation, inhibition and covalent modification; Single substrate enzymes

Unit III
Sugars - mono, di, and polysaccharides; Suitability in the context of their different functions- cellular structure, energy storage, signaling; Glycosylation of other biomolecules - glycoproteins and glycolipids; Lipids - structure and properties of important members of storage and membrane lipids; lipoproteins

Unit IV
Biomembrane organization - sidedness and function; Membrane bound proteins - structure, properties and function; Transport phenomena; Nucleosides, nucleotides, nucleic acids - structure, diversity and function; sequencing; Brief overview of central dogma

Unit V
Bioenergetics-basic principles; Equilibria and concept of free energy; Coupled processes; Glycolytic pathway; Kreb's cycle; Oxidative phosphorylation; Photosynthesis; Elucidation of metabolic pathways; Logic and integration of central metabolism; entry/ exit of various biomolecules from central pathways; Principles of metabolic regulation; Regulatory steps; Signals and second messengers.

Texts/References:
1. V.Voet and J.G.Voet, Biochemistry, 3rd edition, John Wiley, New York, 2004.
2. A.L. Lehninger, Principles of Biochemistry, 4th edition, W.H Freeman and Company, 2004.
3. L. Stryer, Biochemistry, 5th edition, W.H. Freeman and Company, 2002.

Syllabus M.Sc (General Biotechnology) Program University of Hyderabad

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in