2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

9th May 2018, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

Re: University of Calicut Study Material

I want the Study Material of B.Com I year program of University of Calicut so will you provide me ?
9th May 2018, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

Re: University of Calicut Study Material

I am providing you the Study Material of B.Com I year program of University of Calicut

University of Calicut B.Com I year Study Material

Syllabus

BC6 B15 FUNDAMENTALS OF INVESTMENTS
Lecture Hours per week: 5 Credits: 5
Internal : 20, External : 80
Objectives:
 To familiarize the students with the world of investments.
 To provide a theoretical framework for the analysis and valuation of investments.
Module I
The Investment Environment: The investment decision process - Types of Investments -Commodities, Real Estate and Financial Assets - Security market indices - Sources of
financial information - Concept of return and risk of investments.
20 Hours
Module II
Fixed Income Securities: Bond - Features - Types of bonds - Estimating bond yields -Types of bond risks - Default risk and credit rating - Bond valuation.
08 Hours
Module III
Security Analysis: Fundamental Analysis - Equity valuation - Dividend capitalisation
models - Dividend Growth model - Price to Earnings ratio Valuation of preference
shares - Technical Analysis - Security market theories Efficient Market Theory
Random Walk Theory Elliott Waves Theory.
20 Hours
Module IV
Portfolio Analysis and Financial Derivatives: Portfolio and Markowitz Diversification -Portfolio Risk and Return - Introduction to Financial Derivatives: Meaning and need -Exchange Traded Financial Derivatives in India Participants Functions Types of
derivatives Forward Futures Options Swaps The regulatory frame work of
derivative trading in India.
20 Hours
Module V
Investor Protection: SEBI & role of stock exchanges in investor protection - Investor
grievances and their redressal system - Insider trading - Investors' awareness and
activism.

Reference Books:
1. Donald E. Fisher and Ronald J. Jordan: Securities Analysis and Portfolio
Management, Prentice Hall, New Delhi.
2. S. Kevin: Security Analysis and Portfolio Management.
3. Sourain. Harry; Investment Management, Prentice Hall of India.
4. Francis and Archer: Portfolio Management , Prentice Hall of India.
5. Gupta L.C.: Stock Exchange Trading in India, Society for Capital Market Research
and Development, Delhi.
6. Machi Raju, H.R.: Working of Stock Exchanges in India, Wiley Eastern Ltd, New
Delhi

BC5 B10 FINANCIAL REPORTING
Lecture Hours per week: 5 Credits: 4
Internal : 20, External : 80
Objective:
 To enable the students to have a basic knowledge of the latest financial
reporting standards.
Module I
Basics Of Financial Reporting: Objectives and uses of financial statements for users
- Role/objectives of accounting standards - Development of accounting standards in
India - Requirements of international accounting standards - International
organizations engaged in accounting harmonization - IASB - FASB - Role of IASB in
developing IFRS - IFRS adoption or convergence in India - Implementation plan in
India - Ind AS - Differences between Ind AS and IFRS - Conceptual framework -Definition of financial elements - Principles of recognition, measurements,
presentation and disclosure.
10 Hours
Module II
Assets Based Accounting Standards: Accounting for tangible non-current assets
(IAS 16 and Ind AS 16) - Accounting for intangible assets (IAS 38 and Ind AS 38) -Accounting for impairment of assets (IAS 36 and Ind AS 36) Inventories ( IAS 2
and Ind AS 2) - Accounting for borrowing costs (IAS 23 and Ind AS 23).
15 Hours
Module III
Revenue And Liabilities Based Accounting Standards: Revenue from contracts
with customers (IFRS 15 and Ind AS 115) - Income tax (IAS 12 and Ind AS 12) -Employee benefits (IAS 19 and Ind AS 19) - Provisions, contingent liabilities and
contingent assets (IAS 37 and Ind AS 37) - Share based payments (IFRS 2 and Ind AS
102) Accounting for taxation (IAS 12).
15 Hours
Module IV
Other Reporting Standards: Accounting for financial and operating leases (IAS 17
and Ind AS 17) - Accounting for basic and diluted earnings per share (IAS 33 and Ind
AS 33) - Accounting for agriculture (IAS 17 and Ind AS 41) - Disclosure of related
party transactions (IAS 24 and Ind AS 24) - Interim reporting (IAS 34 and Ind AS 34)
- Operating segments (IFRS 8 and Ind AS 108)

For complete details here is the attachment

Contact-

University of Calicut
Thrissur- Calicut Road, Thenhipalam, Kerala 673635
0494 240 7227
Attached Files
File Type: pdf University of Calicut B.Com I year syllabus.pdf (572.7 KB, 76 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in