2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th December 2014, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

Re: UGC SLET entrance exam dates

SET stands for State Eligibility Test, is an aptitude test for those students who wish to join the teaching field.
The exam is conducted in every Indian state under the guidance of University Grants Commission.
SET is held in twice in a year i.e. in the month June and another in December.

Dates
Online Form Submission –
15th October, 2014 to 15th November, 2014

Last date for Applying Online & generation of filled Bank Challan for Fee - 15th November, 2014

Last date of submission of Fee through online generated Bank Challan, at any branch of (SYNDICATE/CANARA/ICICI BANK) –
18th November, 2014

Last date of taking printout of Application Form, Attendance Slip and Admit Card from website –
19th November, 2014

Age Limit:
There is no upper age limit

Qualification:
The candidates must have Master's Degree or P.G. Diploma from an institution recognized by U.G.C (The candidates other than SC/ST category who have secured atleast 55% marks (without gracing or rounding off) in Master's or equivalent examination, are eligible for this test.

SC/ST/PH/VH (PH-Physically Handicapped, VH-Visually Handicapped i.e. Blind) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without gracing or rounding off) in Master's or equivalent examination are eligible for this test)

SET Syllabus
There will be three papers for SET exam, where Paper I is intended to judge the candidates’ abilities in different areas like reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness.

Syllabus for the Paper I is given below:

Teaching Aptitude, Research Aptitude, Reading Comprehensions, Communication, Reasoning (including Mathematical), Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, Information and Communication Technology, People Environment, Higher Education System: Governance, Polity and Administration.

Paper II and Paper III will be the subjects selected by the candidates.
Candidates can choose from list of subjects covering
Marathi,
English,
Hindi,
Sanskrit,
History,
Economics,
Philosophy,
Psychology,
Sociology,
Political Science,
Defense and Strategic Studies,