2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

31st December 2016, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

UGC Net Rules

Hi I want to prepare for the UGC NET exam so can you please tell me the rules for the eligibility and the exam pattern so I can have an idea??
Similar Threads
Thread
MBA cet rules
Rules of LPU
IIT KGP rules
Rules for GRE
MT CET Rules
Rules Of IIT JEE
Rules of NDA
MBA rules and regulations
Rules of WBJEE
MMA TKO Rules
IIT Mumbai Rules
SSC CGL Exam Rules
MBA baseball rules
Gtu atkt rules for MBA
Rules CG PET
Rtu rules
CCS CCA Rules PDF
DU Rules
CCS LTC Rules PDF
UGC CAS Rules
31st December 2016, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

Re: UGC Net Rules

Well to apply for the UGC NET exam you have to fulfill the following requirements

UGC NET Eligibility

Applicants who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC

Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer / Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) / Persons with disability (PWD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master's degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.

Applicants should not more than 28 years as on 01st January 2017.

A relaxation up to 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC SC/ST/PWD categories and to women applicant

Exam Deadlines

Important Dates for UGC NET Exam January 2017

Online Application Form Submission: 17th October 2016

Last Date for Applying Online: 16th November 2016

Last Date of Submission of Fee through Online Generated Bank Challan, at any branch
of (Syndicate/Canara/ICICI/HDFC Bank): 17th November 2016

Correction in Particulars of Application Form on the Website: 22nd Nov to 29th
November 2016

Uploading of Admit Card: 21st December 2016

Date of Examination: 22nd January 2017 (Sunday)

UGC NET exam Pattern

First (Paper-I): 100 Marks (60 out of which 50 questions to be attempted) [Duration: 1¼ Hours (09.30 am to 10.45 am, IST)]

Second (Paper-II): 100 Marks (50 questions all are compulsory) [Duration: 1¼ Hours (11.15 am to 12.30 pm, IST)]

Third (Paper-III): 150 Marks (75 questions all are compulsory) [Duration: 2½ Hours (02.00 pm to 04.30 pm, IST)]

All the questions of Paper-II and Paper-III will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus (including all electives, without options)
The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet provided along with the test booklet

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in