2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th July 2015, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

Re: UGC NET Importance

The National Eligibility Test is the test conducted by the UGC on the behalf of the Central Board of the Secondary Education.

You are looking for the details regarding the UGC NET exam. SO I am providing it to you:

Eligibility:

Applicants must have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc.

Paper Pattern:

Session Paper Marks Number of Question Duration
First I 100 60 out of which 50 question to be attempted 1¼ Hours (09.30 A.M. to 10.45 A.M.)
First II 100 50 questions all are compulsory 1¼ Hours (10.45 A.M. to 12.00 NOON)
Second III 150 75 questions all are compulsory 2 1/2 Hours (01.30 P.M. to 4.00 P.M.)

Paper-I is of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research
aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability,
comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.

The paper will cover following areas

I. Teaching Aptitude
II Research Aptitude
III Reading Comprehension
IV Communication
V Reasoning (Including Mathematical)
VI Logical Reasoning
VII Data Interpretation
VIII Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
IX People and Environment
X Higher Education System : Governance, Polity and Administration

Sixty (60) multiple choice questions of two marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any fifty (50). In the event of the candidate attempting more than fifty questions, the first fifty questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated.
There are no negative marks for incorrect answers.
Paper-II consists of short questions based on the subject selected by the
candidate. The paper will consist of a Test Booklet containing 50 objective type questions. There are in total 50 MCQ’s (such as Multiple choice with single correct answer, Matching Type, assertion Reason Type) each of 2 marks. The total is 100 marks for this section The candidate will have to mark the response for each. question on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) sheet provided alongwith the Test Booklet. The detailed instructions for filling up the OMR Sheet will be sent to the candidate along with the Admit Card.

There are no negative marks for incorrect answers.

Paper-III will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.

All questions of Paper-II and Paper-III will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus (including all electives, without options).

The candidates are required to obtain following minimum marks separately in Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III as given below:

CATEGORY Minimum Marks (%) to be obtained
PAPER – I PAPER – II PAPER– III
GENERAL 40 (40%) 40 (40%) 75 (50 %)
OBC (Non-creamy layer)/ PWD/ SC/ ST 35 (35%) 35 (35%) 60 (40 %)

Subjects:

General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude (Paper -I)
Economics / Rural Economics /Co-operation / Demography / Development Planning/ Development Studies/Econometrics/ Applied Economics/Development Eco./Business Economics
Political Science
Philosophy
Psychology
Sociology
History
Anthropology
Commerce
Education
Social Work
Defence and Strategic Studies
Home Science
Public Administration
Population Studies
Music
Management (including Business Admn. Mgt./Marketing/ Marketing Mgt./Industrial Relations and Personnel Mgt./ Personnel Mgt./Financial Mgt./Co-operative Management)
Maithili
Bengali
Hindi
Kannada
Malayalam
Oriya
Punjabi
Sanskrit
Tamil
Telugu
Urdu
Arabic
English
Linguistics
Chinese
Dogri
Nepali
Manipuri
Assamese
Gujarati
Marathi
French (French Version)
French (English Version)
Spanish
Russian
Persian
Rajasthani
German
Japanese
Adult Education/ Continuing Education/ Andragogy/ Non Formal Education.
Physical Education
Arab Culture and Islamic Studies
Indian Culture
Labour Welfare/Personnel Management/Industrial Relations/ Labour and Social Welfare/Human Resource Management
Law
Library and Information Science
Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies
Comparative Study of Religions
Mass Communication and Journalism
Performing Art - Dance/Drama/Theatre
Museology & Conservation
Archaeology
Criminology
Tribal and Regional Language/Literature
Folk Literature
Comparative Literature
Sanskrit traditional subjects (including) Jyotisha/Sidhanta Jyotish/ Navya Vyakarna/ Vyakarna/ Mimansa/ Navya Nyaya/ Sankhya Yoga/ Tulanatmaka Darsan/ Shukla Yajurveda/ Madhav Vedant/ Dharmasasta/ Sahitya/ Puranotihasa /Agama).
Women Studies
Visual Art (including Drawing & Painting/Sculpture Graphics/Applied Art/History of Art)
Geography
Social Medicine & Community Health
Forensic Science
Pali
Kashmiri
Konkani
Computer Science and Applications
Electronic Science
Environmental Sciences
Politics including International Relations/International Studies including Defence/Strategic Studies, West Asian Studies, South East Asian Studies, African Studies, South Asian Studies, Soviet Studies, American Studies.
Prakrit
Human Rights and Duties
Tourism Administration and Management.
BODO

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in