2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

8th October 2014, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

Re: UGC NET Exam Preparation Tips

Here i am suggesting few tips to crack the UGC NET exam which you are looking for .

The very first key to success in the NET is proper management of the resources.

Do not consider random topics irrelevant or unimportant since each and every topic in the syllabus essential.

There are three papers; two of 100 marks each and one of 150 marks.

Paper I tests the teaching aptitude of the applicants for which they can practice from the last year question papers.

Paper II and Paper III test the subject knowledge of the applicants for which the prescribed syllabus needs to be covered and revised well.

It is advisable to appear for as many mock tests as possible

The syllabus is vast so one should not waste much time on one question if not sure of the answer and move on to the other.

Applicants should not prepare many answers for just one topic

UGC NET Exam Preparation Books

3rd December 2014, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

UGC NET exam preparation tips

Hi I start preparation for UGC NET exam so how can I prepare for this exam?
3rd December 2014, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

Re: UGC NET exam preparation tips

UGC NET Exam is conducted for testing the eligibility of candidates for lecturership and JRF Scholarship.

Preparation tips

Make time management plan and follow this strictly.
Solve previous year question paper.
Note the formulas in particular note book.
Take balance and healthy diet.
Do preparation according to exam pattern and syllabus.

Here I am providing you the exam pattern.

Paper Pattern-

The paper of the UGC NET is conducted in two sessions and it has a total of three papers to be qualified in the given time frame.

First Session:

Paper I: This paper consists of general knowledge based objective type questions basically covering the following topics under it:

1. Teaching Aptitude

2. Research Aptitude

3. Reading Comprehension

4. Logical Reasoning

5. Mathematical Reasoning

6. Data Interpretation

7. Information and Communication Technology

8. Communication

9. Current Affairs related to the subject and

10. Higher Education System- Governance, Polity and Administration etc

Total Number of Questions: 60

Number of Questions to be attempted: First 50 will be evaluated

Total Marks Allotted: 100

Time Allotted: 1&1/4 Hours

Click Here for UGC NET Application Form Details

Paper II:

Objective type multiple choice based questions from the subject selected for exam. The candidates should attempt all the questions.

Number of Questions: 50

Duration of Exam: 1and ¼ Hours

Total Marks Allotted: 100

Session II:

The session II consists of the third and the last paper. This consists of objective type questions from the subject selected for exam by the applicants.

Total Number of Questions: 75

Total Marks Allotted: 150

Duration of Exam: 2 and half Hours

Qualifying Criteria:

The candidates will not be penalized for the wrong answers hence, they can attempt as number of questions as they feel like.

Cut off Marks for each paper-

For general category-
Paper I: 40%;
Paper II: 40%
Paper III: 50%

For OBC/ PWD/SC/ST category-
Paper I: 35%;
Paper II: 35%
Paper III: 40%
21st February 2015, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

UGC NET Exam Preparation Tips

Hi I am preparing for UGC NET exam so can you please provide me the preparation tips to clear this exam?
22nd February 2015, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

Re: UGC NET Exam Preparation Tips

University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) is taken by UGC twice in a year for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the

Award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) and/or
Eligibility for Lectureship in Indian universities and colleges

Here I am providing you the preparation tips for NET exam if you follow these then I think you will definitely clear the exam.

Prepare a study schedule to cover all important topics and concepts.

Solve previous year question paper as possible as.

Revise basic concepts of your subjects.

Identify and improve your weak topics and concepts.

Study in a silent environment.

Start your studies seriously before 7-8 months of the exam

Study in a silent environment.

Take healthy diet.

Be confident.

UGC NET Exam pattern

First session:

Paper I (100 marks): The exam will consist of 60 out of which 50 question have to be attempted. The exam will be held for one hour 15 minutes (09.30 am to 10.45 am)

The exam shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. The question paper is designed to test the reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.

Each question will carry a weightage of two marks each, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any 50. In case the candidate attempts more than 50 questions, the first 50 questions attempted by the candidate will be evaluated.

Paper II (100 marks): The exam will consist of 50 questions of which all are compulsory. The exam will be held for one hour 15 minutes (10.45 am to 12.00 noon)

The question paper will consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.

Second session:

Paper III (150 marks): The exam will consist of 75 questions of which all are compulsory. The exam will be held for two hour 30 minutes (01.30 pm to 4.00 pm).

The question paper will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in