2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

30th September 2014, 11:03 AM
Unregistered

UGA VLP Admissions

Can you tell me in detail about the VLP (Verification of Lawful Presence) Admission in UGA (University of Georgia)?
Similar Threads
Thread
Rpi MBA admissions
URI MBA Admissions
UMT MBA Admissions
PUP MBA Admissions
WPI MBA Admissions
AIU Admissions
UAF MBA Admissions
UT MBA Admissions
BU MBA Admissions
IPU MBA Admissions
CMU MBA Admissions
MBA admissions without CET
UT Admissions Law
UET MS Admissions
Admissions To RPI
RN Admissions
UGA admissions
ISU admissions
JMI Nic Admissions
GJU PHD Admissions
30th September 2014, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

Re: UGA VLP Admissions

The University of Georgia was established in 1785. It is an American land-grant university and sea grant research university, and many a times referred as a 'Research University/Very High Activity'.

Verification of Lawful Presence Policy Information
1. Applicants who are either a U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen for federal student aid purposes can submit a FAFSA.

If one does not submit a FAFSA or the FAFSA process does not confirm the citizenship status, one need to provide citizenship documentation.

2. The following documents need to be scanned and submitted using the Verification of Lawful Presence document upload area on the Application Status Check:

The front side of a current driver’s license issued by the state of Georgia after January 1, 2008

The front side of a current state-issued ID issued by the state of Georgia after January 1, 2008

A current U.S. passport with an expiration date after the first day of your initial term

A U.S. Certificate of Naturalization (USCIS form N-550 or N-570).

A U.S. Certificate of Citizenship (USCIS form N-560 or N-561)

Permanent Resident Card (USCIS form I-151 or I-551)

Military ID presented in person

3. If one is an American citizen, one may hand-deliver or send by mail a certified Birth Certificate showing that one was born in the United States or a U.S. territory.
A Xerox is not acceptable.

4. If one is a U.S. visa –holding applicant (H-4, J-2, E-3, A-4, O-3, TD, etc.) with an international background, one’s Verification of Lawful Presence requirement is fulfilled on immigration document copies one must submit prior to Orientation.

In general one is required to submit a copy of valid passport, an I-94 card showing an unexpired period of stay, or an I-797 form showing an approved change of status with an unexpired period of stay.

5. If one is an approved permanent resident of the United States, the Verification of Lawful Presence requirement is fulfilled based on a copy of the approved permanent resident card that one must submit prior to Orientation.

6. If one is a pending U.S. permanent resident, and one’s U.S. “green card” has not yet been approved, one is required to submit a copy of one’s valid passport, and a copy of the pending I-485 receipt notice. If one have a temporary work card, one is required to submit a copy of that as well.

7. If one is an F-1 or J-1 international student, one will meet with representatives from the UGA Office of International Education upon arrival at UGA at one’s mandatory immigration check-in to verify one’s immigration documents. The Verification of Lawful Presence (VLP) flag on one’s record will be lifted after the confirmation that one is admitted to the U.S. in valid F or J status.

Contact Detail:
The University of Georgia
Athens, GA, United States ‎

Map:
[MAP]https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=University+Of+Georgia&hl=en&ll=33.948949,-83.377326&spn=0.009238,0.020428&sll=44.864561,-93.157524&sspn=0.126293,0.326843&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A[/MAP]

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in