2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

28th September 2014, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Re: UCO Bank PO Exam Previous Year Paper

Here I am giving UCO Bank PO Exam Previous Year Paper:

1. How many three letter meaningful words can be formed from the word TEAR beginning with ‘A’ and without repeating any letter within that word ?
(A) One (B) Three
(C) Five (D) Two
(E) None of these

2. If the letters of the word ARROGANCE are interchanged, first and fifth, second and sixth, third and seventh, fourth and eighth and the position of the ninth remains unchanged then what will the new arrangement of letters be ?
(A) GANACRROE (B) GANCRAROE
(C) GNACORRAE (D) GANCARROE
(E) None of these

3. ‘Army’ is related to ‘Soldier’ in the same way as ‘School’ is related to which of the following ?
(A) Peon (B) Principal
(C) Class (D) Watchman
(E) Student

4. Sachin and Vinod want to visit the museum after their exams. Sachin’s exams finish on 9th April and he is leaving for a holiday on 12th April. Vinod’s exams will be over by 10th April after which he is free. On which of the following dates can the two definitely meet ?
(A) 10th April
(B) Either 10th or 11th April
(C) 12th April
(D) Either 11th or 12th April
(E) None of these

5. In a certain code CHANDIGARH is written as DNAHCHRAGI. How is SIKKIM written in that code ?
(A) TJKJKM (B) TJLLJN
(C) MIKKIS (D) KISMIK
(E) None of these

6. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and hence form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group ?
(A) Kitten (B) Goat
(C) Calf (D) Foal
(E) Lamb

7. In a certain code language ‘do re me’ means ‘he is late’, ‘fa me la’ means ‘she is early’ and ‘so ti do’ means ‘he leaves soon’. Which word in that language means ‘late’ ?
(A) la (B) do
(C) me (D) Data inadequate
(E) None of these

8. Deepika tells Shraddha “Your mother’s father’s son is the husband of my sister”. How is Deepika related to Shraddha ?
(A) Sister-in-law (B) Cousin
(C) Aunt (D) Data inadequate
(E) None of these

9. If ‘+’ means ‘÷’, ‘÷’ means ‘×’, ‘×’ means ‘–’ and ‘– ’ means ‘+’, what will be the value of the following
expression ?
15 ÷ 5 × 9 + 3 – 6
(A) 78 (B) 72
(C) 28 (D) 30
(E) None of these

10. If ‘A’ is substituted by 1, ‘B’ by 2 and so on upto ‘Z’ which is substituted by 26, what will be the sum of the numbers substituted for the word DECAY ?
(A) 38 (B) 41
(C) 40 (D) 37
(E) None of these

11. Among five friends Mahesh is taller than Karan but not Yash. Hirthik is taller than Yash but not Abhishek. If they stand in increasing order of their heights, who will be first in line ?
(A) Abhishek (B) Yash
(C) Karan (D) Data inadequate
(E) None of these

12. If ‘table’ is called ‘chair’, chair is called ‘cupboard’ ‘cupboard’ is called ‘chalk’, ‘chalk’ is called ‘book’, book is called ‘duster’ and ‘duster’ is called ‘table’, what does the teacher use to write on the black-board ?
(A) Book (B) Cupboard
(C) Table (D) Duster
(E) None of these

13. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and hence form a group, which is the one that does not belong to that group ?
(A) Bucket (B) Tap
(C) Bottle (D) Glass
(E) Pitcher

14. D is A’s son, C is the mother of P and wife of D. How is A related to C ?
(A) Father (B) Uncle
(C) Father-in-law (D) Data inadequate
(E) None of these

15. If E is coded as V, D is coded as Q, N is coded as Z, G is coded as T, R is coded as I and A is coded as M, which of the following will be the correct form of the word DANGER ?
(A) QMZTIV (B) QMZTVI
(C) QMZITV (D) QZMTVI
(E) None of these

16. Sushil lives to the North of Rajesh who lives to the West of Kamlesh. Arun who lives to the South of Sushil will have his house in which direction with respect to Kamlesh ?
(A) North-West (B) North
(C) South-West
(D) Cannot be determined
(E) None of these

17. If all the letters in the word ARGUMENT are rearranged in alphabetical order and substituted by the letter immediately following it in the English alphabet what will be the new arrangement of letters ?
(A) BFHNOSUV (B) BFHONSWV
(C) BFHNOUSV (D) BFHNOQUV
(E) None of these

18. Which of the following pairs have the same relationship as OFTEN : FOTNE ?
(A) HEART : TRAHE (B) OPENS : SNEOP
(C) RISKY : IRSYK (D) FIRST : IFRST
(E) None of these

19. How many pairs of letters are there in the word DELUSION which have as many letters between them in the word as there are in the English alphabet ?
(A) None (B) One
(C) Two (D) Three
(E) None of these

20. Of the two subjects offered to a class in their final year, 32 students in all are studying psychology while a total of 26 students are studying sociology. If 16 students have opted to specialize in both, what is the strength of the class ?
(A) 74 (B) 58
(C) 42 (D) Data inadequate
(E) None of these

Directions—(Q. 21–25) Study the following arrangement and answer the questions given below—
Q E * P M 8 R A @ C 9 U H W # J Z S b Y N 5 $ G 1 T

21. How many such vowels are there in the above arrangement each of which is immediately followed by a symbol ?
(A) None (B) One
(C) Three (D) More than three
(E) None of these

22. What should come in place of the question mark(?) in the following series based on the above arrangement ?
Q P @ M A H @ U Z ?
(A) H#Y (B) WZY
(C) HJN (D) 9#S
(E) None of these

23. Which of the following is eighth to the right of the thirteenth element from the left end of the arrangement ?
(A) M (B) N
(C) 5 (D) 8
(E) None of these

24. Which of the following is exactly in the middle between the twelfth from the right and the seventh from the left end ?
(A) J (B) #
(C) U (D) 9
(E) None of these

25. If the first element in the above arrangement exchanges its position with the element in the 26th position and the second with the one in the 25th position and so on, which of the following will be in the tenth position from the left after
rearrangement ?
(A) Z (B) M
(C) C (D) 5
(E) None of these

Directions—(Q. 26–30) Read the following information and answer the questions given below— Seven managers Sharma, Mishra, Singh, Kulkarni, Rao, Joshi and Nair are to conduct interviews simultaneously either alone or in pairs at four different locations—Surat, Chandigarh, Delhi and Lucknow. Only one wants to travel by rail, two prefer travelling by car and the rest travel by air.
(i) Sharma is going to Lucknow but neither by car nor by air.
(ii) Mishra prefers to travel by car.
(iii) Neither Joshi nor Nair is going to Delhi.
(iv) Only those going to Surat travel by road.
(v) Kulkarni will assist his friend Mishra.
(vi) The two managers who go to Delhi travel by air.

26. Where will Kulkarni conduct the interviews ?
(A) Surat (B) Lucknow
(C) Chandigarh
(D) Cannot be determined
(E) None of these

27. Who goes to Delhi ?
(A) Mishra-Kulkarni (B) Rao-Singh
(C) Kulkarni-Joshi (D) Data inadequate
(E) None of these

28. Which of the following is true ?
(A) Kulkarni travels by air
(B) Nair will assist Rao
(C) Sharma conducts interviews alone
(D) Joshi goes to Chandigarh
(E) None of these

29. Who will conduct interviews at Chandigarh ?
(A) Nair (B) Singh
(C) Rao (D) Data inadequate
(E) None of these

30. Which of the following pairs is different from the
other four with regard to mode of travel ?
(A) Sharma-Mishra
(B) Rao-Mishra
(C) Nair-Rao
(D) Kulkarni-Joshi
(E) Sharma-Singh

Directions—(Q. 31–35) Each of the following questions below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II are given below it. You have to decide if the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both statements and Give answer—
(A) if the data in statement I alone is sufficient to answer the question while the data in statement II is not sufficient to answer the question.
(B) if the data in statement II alone is sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone is not sufficient to answer the question.
(C) if the data either in statement I alone or in statement II alone is sufficient to answer the question.
(D) if the data in both the statements I and II are not sufficient to answer the question.
(E) if the data in both the statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.

31. Who is in the middle of the row comprising A, B, C, D and E ?
(I) B is to the right of C, who is second from the left.
(II) A is standing to the left of C, who is D’s neighbour.

32. What is Shilpa’s rank in the class ?
(I) The class strength is 45.
(II) Shilpa is eight ranks below Mahesh who stood 17th.

33. Who runs that fastest among L, M, N and P ?
(I) P runs faster than L, who is the slowest.
(II) M runs faster than N but slower than P.

34. On which day of the week did Satish watch a movie ?
(I) Satish only watches movies with his friends.
(II) Satish went out for dinner on Tuesday.

35. How is Gita related to Ganesh ?
(I) Gita’s brother is Ganesh’s father’s eldest son.
(II) Ganesh’s wife’s mother-in-law is Gita’s mother.

Directions—(Q. 36–40) In each question below are two statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the two given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from two statements disregarding commonly known facts. Give answer—
(A) if only conclusion I follows.
(B) If only conclusion II follows.
(C) if either conclusion I or II follows.
(D) if neither conclusion I nor II follows.
(E) if both conclusions I and II follow.

36. Statements : All fish are birds. Some hens are fish.
Conclusions : I. Some hens are birds.
II. No birds are hens.

37. Statements : Some shoes are coats. Some coats are buttons.
Conclusions : I. No button is shoe.
II. Some shoes are buttons.

38. Statements : All bats are boys. All boys are gloves.
Conclusions : I. Some gloves are bats.
II. All bats are gloves.

39. Statements : All puppies are tigers. All kittens are tigers.
Conclusions : I. All puppies are kittens.
II. All tigers are puppies.
23rd December 2015, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir I am preparing for UCO Bank PO Exam so here for practice can you please provide me previous year paper ?
23rd December 2015, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Hey as UCO Bank, formerly United Commercial Bank, established in 1943 in Kolkatta, is a major government-owned commercial bank of India.

Syllabus

Reasoning

Quantitative aptitude

English language

General knowledge

Computer knowledge

Here I am giving you qus paper for reasoning

1. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way on the basis of their positions in the English alphabet and so
form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to the group?
(1) AZ (2) EV (3) BY (4) GT (5) DU
2. If ‘$’ means ‘×’, ‘#’ means ‘÷’, ‘*’ means ‘–’ and ‘@’ means ‘+’ then what is the value of 204 # 6 * 15 $ 8 @ 88?
(1) 8 (2) 2 (3) –6 (4) 12 (5) None of these
3. If the position of the first and the sixth letters of the word ‘PRESCRIBED’ are interchanged, similarly position
of the second and the seventh letters are interchanged and so on. Which letter will be fourth from the left end after the
rearrangement?
(1) E (2) S (3) B (4) D (5) None of these
4. How many such pairs of letters are there in the word INTERNAL, each of which has as many letters between
them in the word as they have in the English alphabet?
(1) None (2) One (3) Two
(4) Three (5) None of these
5. In a certain code DIVERT is written as SCQHDU, how is CONFER written in that code?
(1) QBDNEO (2) QDBNEM (3) QBDNEM
(4) QDBNEO (5) None of these
Qs. 6-10. In each question below is given a statement followed by two courses of action numbered I and II. A course of action is a step or administrative decision to be taken for improvement, follow-up or further action in regard to the problem, policy, etc. On the basis of the information given in the statement, you have to assume everything in the statement to be true, then decide which of the suggested courses of action logically follow(s) for pursuing.
Give answer (1) if only I follows.
Give answer (2) if only II follows.
Give answer (3) if either I or II follows.
Give answer (4) if neither I nor II follows.
Give answer (5) if both I and II follow.
Statement:
6. A country cannot develop without fast and easy communication.
Courses of action:
I. Govt. should provide communication facilities to the public at a cheaper rate.
II. More private companies should be permitted to enter into field of communication to strengthen the network.
7. “Due to availability of air tickets at cheaper rates from various airlines large no. of people now a days prefer to travel by air than travelling by train.”
Courses of action:
I. Railway ministry has to put in its best efforts to improve the quality of rail journey in respect of facilities and also the punctuality.
II. Airlines should not be allowed to introduce various schemes offering concessional fare.
Statement:
8. Continuous use of computers is affecting the eyesights of many youth.
Courses of action:
I. All the establishments should permit the people using computer to take a short break after every hour of work on the computer.
II. Use of computers should be discouraged by the managements of the establishments.
Statement:
9. Proportion of females compared to that of males in the population of our country has drastically gone down in the recent past.
Courses of action:
I. Social workers shoule take up the task of emphasizing the importance of having atleast one female child in each family in both rural and urban areas of the counry.
II. Government should severely punish the persons involved in the practice of female foeticide.
Statement:
10. Reading habits in the children of coming generations is diminishing day by day.
Courses of action:
I. Access to various electronic gadgets such as television, computer and particularly the internet should be controlled.
II. Parents should ensure and cultivate reading habits among their children.
Qs. 11-15. Study the following information carefully to answer these questions.
Seven T.V. channels A, B, C, D, E, F and G telecast different programmes P, Q, R, S, T, U and V on different
days of the week from Monday to Sunday, not necessarily in the same order.Channel A telecast Programme T on Sunday. Channel D does not telecast Programme P or U but telecasts on theday just prior to Channel F. Channel C telecasts Programme Q but not on Monday. Channel B telecasts Programme R on Tuesday. Channel G telecasts Programme V but not on Monday. Channel C telecasts on the next day of Channel G and previous day of Channel D. Programme ‘P’ is telecast before Programme ‘U’. 11. Which programme is telecast on Thursday?
(1) P (2) S (3) R (4) U (5) None of these
12. Which of the following combination of daychannel- programme is correct?
(1) Thursday—C—R
(2) Tuesday—C—Q
(3) Saturday—E—U
(4) Monday—E—P
(5) None of these
13. Which channel telecasts on Wednesday?
(1) F
(2) E
(3) G
(4) Cannot be determined
(5) None of these
14. Channel ‘C’ telecasts on which day of the week?
(1) Thursday
(2) Tuesday
(3) Friday
(4) Cannot be determined
(5) None of these
15. Which channel telecasts programme ‘S’?
(1) E
(2) D
(3) F
(4) D or E
(5) None of these
Qs. 16-20. In making decisions about important questions, it is desirable to be able to distinguish between “strong” arguments and “weak” arguments. “Strong” arguments must be both important and directly related to the question. “Weak” arguments may not be directly related to the question and may be of minor importance or may be related to the trivial aspects of the question. Each question below is followed by two arguments numbered I and II. You have to decide which of the arguments
is a “strong” argument and which is a “weak” argument.
Give answer (1) if only argument I is strong.
Give answer (2) if only argument II is strong.
Give answer (3) if either argument I or II is strong.
Give answer (4) if neither argument I nor II is strong.
Give answer (5) if both arguments I and II are strong.
16. Should there be a quota for underprivileged categories and the minority communities for admissions into the premier educational institutions in India?
Arguments:
I. No, admissions to the premier institutes should be only on merit and there should be no system for any special consideration.
II. No, this will put the deserving non-reserved category students to disadvantage.
17. Can the total ban on dance bars across a State be justified?
Arguments:
I. Yes, running of dance bars gives scope for various illegal and criminal activities.
II. No, the livelihood of the families of bar-girls is totally dependent on the dance bars.
18. Should the top officials and politicians detained by the law enforcement agencies be given special treatment
in jails while under-trial?
Arguments:
I. No, there is no such need for any special treatment,they should be treated like all other detainees.
II. Yes, it is necessary to take care of their special security requirements.
19. Should stricter discipline be imposed upon all the children by parents and teachers in view of the increasing
criminal cases among the youth?
Arguments:
I. Yes, too much freedom to the children is leading to
such cases of crime.
II. No, freedom to the children is necessary in the
changing social scenario.
20. Should the gender-reassignment surgeries be legally permitted?
Arguments:
I. Yes, it is the genuine need of the transsexuals.
II. No, people will take disadvantage of the facility since it is difficult to judge the genuineness of the requirement

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in