2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

22nd November 2014, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Re: TRB entrance exam date

Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB) will conduct Tamil Nadu Teachers Eligibility Test (TN TET) also known as Tamil Nadu TET for the candidates aspiring to become teachers in primary (class I -V) and upper primary (VI-VIII) schools in the state of Tamil Nadu.

Eligibility Criteria-

TET for class 1 to 5:
Applicant must have completed BTC, B.Ed, NTT, 2 years BTC in Urdu, or must have at least Bachelor degree in elementary education.

TET for class 6 to 8:
Applicant must possess Graduation with minimum 45 % marks along with 2 year Diploma in Education or having graduation in B.Ed with 50 % marks or have 4 year special Education Diploma with 50% marks.

Tentative Important Dates:

Commencement of Sale of Application Forms : 06.2014
Last Date for Receipt of Application : 07.2014
Date of Written Examination-Paper I :08.2014
Date of Written Examination-Paper II : 08.2014

Age criteria-

Age should not be less than 18 years where the maximum age is according to the government norms.

Mode of selection

Candidate will be selected on the basis of the performance given by them in the written exam.
Contender will also get selected according to the cut off marks set by the department.

TN TET Exam Pattern and Syllabus

Papers

Paper I Classes I to V
Paper II Classes VI to VIII

Paper I will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for Classes I to V. Number of Questions 150 MCQs and the Duration of the Examination is 1 Hour and 30 Minutes.
Paper II will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for Classes VI to VIII. Number of Questions 150 MCQs and the Duration of the Examination is 1 Hour and 30 Minutes.
A person who intends to teach both Classes I to V and VI to VIII will have to appear for both Papers I and II.

Structure and Content of TN TET-

All questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), each carrying one mark, with four alternatives out of which one answer will be correct. There will be no negative marking.

Paper I

Child Development and Pedagogy (relevant to age group 6 – 11) : 30 MCQs – 30 Marks
Language I – Tamil/Telugu/Malayalam/Kannada/Urdu : 30 MCQs – 30 Marks
Language II – English : 30 MCQs – 30 Marks
Mathematics : 30 MCQs – 30 Marks
Environmental Studies : 30 MCQs – 30 Marks

Total : 150 MCQs – 150 Marks

Paper II

Child Development and Pedagogy – relevant to the age Group 11 – 14 Years (Compulsory) : 30 MCQs – 30 Marks
Language I – Tamil/Telugu/Malayalam/Kannada/Urdu (Compulsory) : 30 MCQs – 30 Marks
Language II – English (Compulsory) : 30 MCQs – 30 Marks

(a) For Mathematics and Science Teacher: Mathematics and Science : 60 MCQs – 60 Marks
(b) For Social Studies Teacher: Social Studies : 60 MCQs – 60 Marks
(c) or Any Other Teacher [(a) or (b) ] : 30 MCQs – 30 Marks

Total : 150 MCQs – 150 Marks

Tags
exam date

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in