2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

24th June 2016, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

TOEFL Guidelines

Hello sir I have to appear for TOEFL Exam next week and I am here as I want to get Guideline for what to do during the Exam so will you please provide me the Guidelines??
Similar Threads
Thread
LSAT Guidelines
MDU Guidelines
Guidelines For UGC NET
UGC CAS Guidelines
NDA Uganda Guidelines
GPHC Guidelines
ICMR Guidelines On Art
ICMR IRB Guidelines
APTET Guidelines
Guidelines by IRDA
CAT Exam Guidelines
New IRDA Guidelines
PTU Ph D Guidelines
KSEB Guidelines
Guidelines For SSC CGL
UoN MBA Project Guidelines
SCRA Guidelines
EFMD MBA Guidelines
TOEFL and GRE score required in Ph.D. and TOEFL Coaching
RBI KYC Guidelines
24th June 2016, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Re: TOEFL Guidelines

Test of English as a Foreign Language is a test which is taken to measure the English language ability of non-native speakers wishing to enroll in English-speaking universities

Here I am providing you Guideline for what to do in the Exam

- Test is of about 3½ hours, and the Test of Written English (TWE®) takes about 30 minutes. No Extra time will be given to you

-If you need help for any reason, simply raise your hand.

-Dress in layers so that you will be comfortable in varying room temperatures.

-Cell phones and other devices are not permitted during the test or during breaks.

-If you have health-related needs requiring you to bring equipment, beverages or snacks into the testing room or to take extra or extended breaks, you need to request accommodations in advance.

Procedures for requesting accommodations are described in the Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs (PDF).)

-Test takers cannot leave the testing room or the test center building without permission during the test or during breaks.

-A standard QWERTY English-language keyboard is used for the test. It is a good idea to practice on this type of keyboard prior to the test so that you are familiar with the layout and function keys.

-Scratch paper is provided and must be returned at the end of the test. You must use up all your scratch paper before you can ask the test center staff for more.

Test scores

TOEFL iBT Test

-The TOEFL iBT test is scored on a scale of 0 to 120 points.

-Each of the four sections Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing) receives a scaled score from 0 to 30. The scaled scores from the four sections are added together to determine the total score.

-Each speaking question is initially given a score of 0 to 4, and each writing question is initially given a score of 0 to 5. These scores are converted to scaled scores of 0 to 30.

Paper-based Test

-The final PBT score ranges between 310 and 677 and is based on three subscores: Listening (31–68), Structure (31–68), and Reading (31–67).

-The score test takers receive on the Listening, Structure and Reading parts of the TOEFL test is not the percentage of correct answers.

The score is converted to take into account the fact that some tests are more difficult than others.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in