2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th June 2016, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

Re: TNPSC Judicial Magistrate Exam

As you want to appear in TNPSC Judicial Magistrate Exam, and asking for eligibility criteria and syllabus , so I am telling same :

Eligibility Criteria
For Practicing Advocates / Pleaders and Assistant Public Prosecutors applicants must have degree in Law of a University in India established or incorporated by or under a Central Act or a State Act or an Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission, or any other equivalent qualification and got enrolled in the Bar Council of Tamil Nadu and in the case of candidates enrolled in the Bar Councils of other States they should submit a proof of transfer of their enrolment to the Bar Council of Tamil Nadu at the time of oral test;

or

Must be practising as an Advocate or Pleader in the High Court or Courts Subordinate thereto and must have so practised for not less than 3 years on the date of this Notification, viz., 26-08-2014.

(Or)

(b) Must be an Assistant Public Prosecutor having not less than 3 years of experience as an Advocate and / or Assistant Public Prosecutor.

For Fresh Law Graduates applicants must be a fresh Law Graduate possessing a Degree in Law from a recognized University as mentioned in Clause-I (i) above, (ii) Must be eligible to be enrolled as an advocate. (iii) Must have secured in acquiring the Bachelor’s Degree of Law an overall percentage of

45% Marks in case of Reserved Categories (i.e SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs(OBCMs) and BCMs).
50% Marks in case of General Category (i.e Others).

(iv) Must have obtained the Bachelor’s Degree of Law within a period of three years prior to the Date of Notification.

Syllabi for the Written Examination

:-
(i) Translation Paper:
Translation of passages in English into Tamil and Tamil into
English. The passages will be from (1) Depositions, (2) Judgements, and (3)
Documents.

(ii) Law Paper – I:
The Code of Civil Procedure, 1908;
The Code of Criminal Procedure,
1973; The Indian Evidence Act, 1872; Principles of pleading and the Constitution of
India.

(iii) Law Paper – II:
Framing of issues and Writing of Judgements in Civil Cases.
(iv) Law Paper –III:
Framing of charges and Writing of Judgements in Criminal Cases.

(v) Viva-voce:
The candidate's General Knowledge and Knowledge of law, grasp of
Procedural Laws and Principles of Law and his suitability for appointment as Civil
Judge shall be tested.
19th October 2019, 09:06 AM
Unregistered

as I am going to appear in TNPSC Judicial Magistrate Exam and for its exam preparation looking for syllabus so will you plz provide me same here ?
19th October 2019, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator

Tamil Nadu Judicial Service Exam is conducted every year by the Madras High Court for recruitment to the posts of Civil Judge Junior Division or equivalent. This exam may be colloquially referred to as the TNPSC Civil Judge Exam.

SYLLABUS
PART-A

The Code of Civil Procedure, 1908
The Negotiable Instruments Act, 1981
The Transfer of Property Act, 1882
The Indian Contract Act, 1872
The Specific Relief Act,1963
The Constitution of India
The Tamil Nadu Buildings (Lease and Rent Control) Act, 1960 Tamil Nadu Regulation of
Rights and Responsibilities of Landlords and Tenants Act, 2017 (Tamil Nadu Act 42 of 2017)

PART-B

The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973
The Indian Penal Code,1860
The Indian Evidence Act, 1872
The following Criminal Law Amendment Acts/Ordinances and Minor Acts:-
The Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 1908
The Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 1932
The Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 1938
The Criminal Law (Amendment) Ordinance, 1944
The Criminal Law (Amendment) Ordinance, 1946
The Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 1952
The Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 1961
The Criminal Law (Amendment) Amending Act, 1966
The Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 1972
The Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 1983
The Criminal Law (Second Amendment) Act, 1983
The Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 1993
The Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 2005
The Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 2013
The Criminal Minor Acts (including Information Technology Act, 2000; The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012).
PART-C

General Knowledge
Test of Reasoning and Mental ability.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in