2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

19th June 2015, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

TNAU Moringa

Hello I want to know about the Moringa plant of TNAU what they say about the plant so kindly provide me the details as soon as possible????
Similar Threads
Thread
Tnau ssl
Tnau ait
Tnau dee
Tnau dmi
Ssl tnau
Tnau eee
New VC of TNAU
TNAU Notes PDF
Tnau odl mba
Hrs tnau
Ifs tnau
MBA in TNAU
Tnau mba
Tnau pro
Tnau pdf
Tnau cbe
ABM In TNAU
TNAU Books
Tnau aws
Nss tnau
19th June 2015, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

Re: TNAU Moringa

As you are asking about the Moringa plant so here I am providing you the details below.

Soil
Annual moringa comes up well in a wide range of soil. A deep sandy loam soil with a pH of 6.5 – 8 is ideal for cultivating this crop.

Season
Planting is done during July – October

Seed Rate
500 g/ha of seeds are required. Sow two seeds per pit at a depth of 2.5-3.0 cm. The seeds can also be sown in the poly bags containing pot mixture and transplanted after 35 -40 days of sowing.

Preparatory cultivation
Dig pits of size 45 cm x 45 cm x 45 cm with a spacing of 2.0 - 2.5 m either way. Apply 15 kg of compost or FYM/pit after mixing with top soil.

High density planting and fertigation in moringa PKM 1
High density planting at 1.5 X 1.0 m spacing with two plants/hill and plant population 13,333 / ha along with the application of fertilizer dose of 135: 23 :45 g of NPK/pit (150%) through drip increases the yield of moringa. In this phosphorus should be applied basally as soil application. N and K can be applied in the form of urea and muriate of potash through drip.

For PKM-2, the closest spacing of 1.2 x 1.2 m is ideal to obtain the highest yield of 138 t/ha. The pinching of main shoots on 80th day after sowing will also help register the highest yield of fruits.

After cultivation
Gap filling may be done within a month. Pinch off the seedlings when they are about 75 cm in height to facilitate more branching. Short duration vegetables like Cowpea, Bhendi and Tomato can be grown as intercrop.

For perennial moringa, medium pruning of shoots at 70 cm from the tip has to be followed to regulate flowering and obtain the highest yield of 37 kg/ tree.

Manuring
A fertilizer dose of 45:15:30 g of NPK/pit may be applied 3 months after sowing. Apply 45 g of N/pit after 6 months when the crop is in bearing.

Irrigation
Irrigate before sowing and on the 3rd day after sowing and subsequently at 10 – 15 days interval according to soil type.

Plant protection
Pests

Moringa pod fly management
Soil application of Thiamethoxam 25 WG @ 200g a.i. / ha on 150, 180 and 210 days after planting; placement of fermented tomato fruit trap @ 25 / ha; and need based foliar spray of Spinosad 45 SC @ 56g a.i. / ha followed by Profenophos 50 EC@ 250g a.i. / ha.

Bud worm, leaf caterpillar and leaf webber: Dust Carbaryl 10 D @ 25 kg/ha or spray Carbaryl 50 WP @ 2 g/l.

Hairy caterpillar
Use flame torch when the caterpillars settle on the tree trunk.

Ratoon crop
Cut back the trees at 90 cm from ground level after the harvest is over. In another 4 – 5 months, plants will again come for harvest. Ratoon crops can be taken for 3 years. Apply the fertilizer dose of 45:15:30 g NPK/plant, within a week after cutting back along with 25 kg of FYM or compost every year.

Yield
50 - 55 tones of pods/ha (220 pods/tree/year).

For more details I am providing you the pdf file which contains all the details about the Moringa plant.

Moringa TNAU

For more details contact to the given below address.

Contact details:
The Dean (Hort),
Horticultural College and Research Institute,
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University,
Coimbatore – 641 003.
Phone No.: 0422-6611371,6611270
Fax:0422-2430781
e-mail: deanhortcbe@tnau.ac.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Moringa TNAU.pdf (7.79 MB, 183 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in