2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

12th November 2014, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Tips for CG PSC Exam preparation and also provide me its syllabus?

Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission (CGPSC) conducts Preliminary Examination and Mains Examination. You are asking for the tips for the CG PSC Exam.

The applicants who want to score good marks in these exam must need to do hard work.

You should need to study at least 6 hours.

You should also solve the last year question papers. This can helps you in preparation of your exam.

Preliminary Examination - (Objective Type):

First Question Paper- General Studies (Question 100, Marks 200, Duration 2.00 Hours).02 marks will be awarded for each right answer and 01 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.

Second Question Paper- Aptitude Test (Question 100, Marks 200, Duration 2.00 Hours) 02 marks will be awarded for each right answer and 01 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.

Preliminary Examination syllabus:

Question Paper 1 : General Studies
(Questions 100, Marks 200), Time : 2 hours
(There shall be 50 Questions from Part-’1' & Part-’2' each. Each question will carry 2 marks) 02 marks will be awarded for each right answer and 01 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. Marks obtained = 2R - W (where R stands for number of right answers and W stands for number of wrong answers.)

PART- ‘1’- General Studies

1. History of India and Indian National Movement.
2. Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India.
3. Constitution of India &, Polity.
4. Indian Economy.
5. General Science & Techonlogy.
6. Indian Philosphy, Art, Litereture & Culture.
7. Current Affairs & Sports.
8. Environment.

PART- ’2'- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE OF CHHATTISGARH

1. History of Chhattisgarh, & Contribution of Chhattisgarh in Freedom Movement.
2. Geography, Climate, Physical status, Census, Archeological and Tourist Centres of Chhattisgarh.
3. Litrature, Music, Dance, Art and Culture, Idioms and Proverbs, Puzzle/riddle (tuÅyk), Singing (gkuk) of Chhattisgarh.
4. Tribes, Special Traditions, Teej and Festivals of Chhattisgarh.
5. Economy, Forest and Agriculture of Chhattisgarh.
6. Administrative Structure, Local Government and Panchayatiraj of Chhattisgarh.
7. Industry in Chhattisgarh, Energy, Water and Mineral Resource of Chhattisgarh.
8. Current Affairs of Chhattisgarh.

Question Paper 2 : Aptitude Test
(Questions 100, Marks 200), Time :2 hours.
02 marks will be awarded for each right answer and 01 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. Marks obtained = 2R - W (where R stands for number of right answers and W stands for number of wrong answers.)
1. Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
2. Logical reasoning and analytical ability
3. Decision making and problem solving
4. General mental ability
5. Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. -Class X level)
6. Knowledge of Hindi Language (Class X level).
7. Knowledge of Chhattisgarhi Language.
Knowledge of Hindi Language and Chhattisgarhi Language will be tested in Hindi and Chhattisgarhi Language only, without providing translation.

Mains Examination Scheme:

Question Paper-01 Language (Marks: 200, Duration: 3 hours)
Part- 01: General Hindi
Part- 02: General Sanskrit
Part-03: General English:
Comprehension, Precise Writing, Re arrangement and Correction of Sentences, Synonyms, Antonyms, Filling the Blanks, Correction of Spellings, Vocabulary and usage, Idioms and Phrases, Tenses, Prepositions, Active Voice and Passive voice, Parts of Speech, Translation- English to Hindi, Letter writing.
Part - 04: Chhattisgarhi Language Question

Question Paper -02 Essay (Marks: 200, Duration- 3 hours)

Part - 01: Problems of National Level
Part - 02: Problems Relating to the State of Chhattisgarh

Question Paper - 03 History, Constitution and Public Administration (Marks 200, Duration 3 hrs)
Part - 01: History of India Question

Question Paper – 04 Science, Technology and Environment
Part-01: Chemistry
Part-02: Physics

Question Paper -5 Economics and Geography
Part-01: Indian Economics
Part-02: Planning in India
Part-03: Geography of Chhattisgarh
Part-04: Economics of Chhattisgarh
Part-05: Logical Reasoning

Question Paper – 07 Philosophy and Sociology
Part-01: Indian Philosophy and Yoga
Part-02: Sociology
Part-03: Tribes of Chhattisgarh
Part-04: Art of Chhattisgarh

Here are lists of books which you should prefer from the beginning to the end.

Books of ancient India:
Wonder that was India – A.L.Bhashem
Ancient India Social and Culture – Luniya
Ancient India – L.Mukherjee

Books of Medieval India:
Medieval India – Volume 1 & 2 satish Chandra
Medieval India – L. Mukherjee

Books of Modern India:
Modern Indian history – Groover & Groover
A Struggle For Independence – Bipin Chandra
27th February 2015, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

Hey, I want to appear in CG PSC Exam will you give me tips for examination and also provide me syllabus of the exam , as I requires it while preparation ?
27th February 2015, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

As you want I am here telling you tips for CG PSC Exam.

Tips : first of all collect the material like : syllabus, books, last year paper , notes etc..

Manage time for study.

Know the syllabus and pattern of the exam.

Read news paper daily.

Use short tricks to solve mathematical problems.

Practice more.

Solve last year paper .

Here I am providing you syllabus of the exam.

CGPSC State Service Exam Syllabus:

The question paper will be in Hindi and English both.

Question Paper 1: General Studies (Questions 100, Marks 200), Time: 2 hours (There shall be 50 Questions from Part-’1′ & Part-’2′ each. Each question will carry 2 marks) 02 marks will be awarded for each right answer and 01 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. Marks obtained = 2R – W (where R stands for number of right answers and W stands for number of wrong answers.)

PART- ’1′- General Studies:
1. History of India and Indian National Movement.
2. Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India.
3. Constitution of India & Polity.
4. Indian Economy.
5. General Science & Technology.
6. Indian Philosophy, Art, Literature & Culture.
7. Current Affairs & Sports.
8. Environment

PART-’2′:
General Knowledge of Chhattisgarh:
1. History of Chhattisgarh, & Contribution of Chhattisgarh in Freedom Movement.
2. Geography, Climate, Physical status, Census, Archeological and Tourist Centres of Chhattisgarh.
3. Literature, Music, Dance, Art and Culture, Idioms and Proverbs,
Puzzle/riddle (Janula), Singing (Haanaa) of Chhattisgarh.
4. Tribes, Special Traditions, Teej and Festivals of Chhattisgarh.
5. Economy, Forest and Agriculture of Chhattisgarh.
6. Administrative Structure, Local Government and Panchayatiraj of Chhattisgarh.
7. Industry in Chhattisgarh, Energy, Water and Mineral Resource of Chhattisgarh.
8. Current Affairs of Chhattisgarh.

Question Paper 2: Aptitude Test (Questions 100, Marks 200), Time: 02 hours.

02 marks will be awarded for each right answer and 01 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. Marks obtained = 2R – W (where R stands for number of right answers and W stands for number of wrong answers.)

1. Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
2. Logical reasoning and Analytical ability
3. Decision making and problem solving
4. General mental ability
5. Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. -Class X level)
6. Knowledge of Hindi Language (Class X level).
7. Knowledge of Chhattisgarhi Language. Knowledge of Hindi Language and Chhattisgarhi Language will be tested in Hindi and Chhattisgarhi Language only,without providing translation.
30th October 2019, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

Can you provide me some good tips for preparation of Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission (CGPSC) State Service Exam as I will be giving the exam this time?
30th October 2019, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Some good tips for preparation of Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission (CGPSC) State Service Exam are as follows:

Prepare time table and strictly follow it

Collect the Materials related to your exam

Read newspapers and articles

Watch a few news channels to let the knowledge sink in deeper.

Every subject requires equal importance, so do not take a chance to leave any subject

Try taking the mock test

Do not forget to revise your lessons

Always be confident of cracking the exam

Know the exam Pattern of PSC

Join a good coaching centre

Solve as many as question papers and Model papers

CGPSC State Service Exam Syllabus/Paper Pattern

1. Preliminary Examination (Objective Type):

In the Preliminary Examinations there will be 2 compulsory papers of 2 hours duration each. Both the question papers will have objective type multiple choice questions. There will be five choices of answers for each question out of which one is to be selected. There will be negative marking for wrong answer.

First Question Paper:
General Studies (Question 100, Marks 200, Duration 2.00 Hours).
There shall be 50 Questions from Part 1′ & Part 2′ each.
Each Question will carry 2 marks) 02 marks will be awarded for each right answer and 1/3 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.

Second Question Paper:
Aptitude Test (Question 100, Marks 200, Duration 2.00 Hours) 02 marks will be awarded for each right answer and 1/3 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer

Minimum Qualifying Marks:
In each Question paper essential qualifying marks for unreserved category will be 33%, and 23% for reserved categories and handicapped candidates.
Candidates will be short listed for main examination on the basis of merit.

2. Main Examination and Interview: Written Examination (Conventional Type) Grand Total 1550 Marks.

i. Question papers for Main Examination will be of Conventional nature i.e.: Short/ Medium/ Long answers Type.

ii. Candidates short listed for the Main Examination on the basis of Preliminary Examination (Screening Test) must appear for all the seven papers in Main Examination.
Candidates selected for the Interview on the basis of Main Examination must appear in the Interview.
Absence in any paper of Main Examination and Interview will be liable for disqualification.

iii. Paper-I (Language), Paper-II (Essay), Paper-III (History, Constitution and Public Administration), Paper-IV (Science, Technology and Environment), Paper-V (Economics & Geography), Paper-VI (Mathematics & Logical Ability), Paper-VII (Philosophy & Sociology) each paper will be carry 200 marks (i.e. 1400 marks).

iv. Interview/ Personality Test will be carry 150 marks.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in