2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

26th July 2014, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Tips for CAT for Engineering Students without Join any coaching

Here I am giving you name of some best books for preparation of Common admission test without joining any coaching center .

ALGEBRA FOR THE CAT AND OTHER MBA EXAMINATIONS
Author: TRISHNAS

Number System for the CAT 2nd Edition
Author: Nishit K. Sinha

Trishna?s Quantitative Aptitude And Data Interpretation For The CAT And Other MBA Examinations
Author: T. I. M. E

CAT (Common Admission Test) Solved Paper Entrance Exam (Old Edition) Paperback – 11 Jan 2012
by GKP (Author)

Last edited by Arun Vats; 26th July 2014 at 11:34 AM.
18th March 2015, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Tips for CAT for Engineering Students without Join any coaching

As you say that you want to score good marks in the CAT exam without join any coaching. Here I am providing you some tips that will helps you in score good marks in the CAT exam. These are as follows:

You should need to solve last year paper this will helps you in score good marks in the CAT exam.

You should need try for the shortcuts of mathematics. Calculations must be strong.

You should need follow the CAT exam paper pattern and do your preparation according to that.

The CAT examination is divided into three sections

Quantitative Aptitude

Arithmetic
Algebra
Geometry
Commercial Mathematics
Miscellaneous
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
Logical Reasoning
Data Interpretation, Sufficiency

Verbal Ability

Reading Comprehension
Verbal Logic
Vocabulary
Grammar Correction

You should also need to follows the multiple reference books. Here I am providing you list of some of best reference books for CAT exam preparation.

Reference books for CAT exam preparation:

Simple and easy to understand – How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Common

Admission Test 5th Edition (Paperback) by Arun Sharma, Publisher: Tata McGraw Hill 2012

For advanced – The Pearson Guide To Quantitative Aptitude And Data Interpretation For The CAT by Nishit Sinha, Publisher: Pearson

For advanced and more practice – Quantum CAT: Quantitative Aptitude Common Admission Test for Admission Into IIMs (Paperback) by Sarvesh K Verma Publisher:Arihant,

Tags
coaching

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in